ELEKTRODRUM for Ableton Live 6

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
micah frank

ELEKTRODRUM for Ableton Live 6

Post by micah frank » Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:27 pm

Hey Folks,

Puremagnetik has released a new micropack! Here's a little bit about Elektrodrum from the press release:

Puremagnetik Releases Elektrodrum for Ableton Live 6
November 1st, 2006 - Brooklyn, NY

Puremagnetik has released a new "Micropack" into their libraries for music producers and DJs. Elektrodrum for Live 6 includes five percussion/synthesizer machines. Utilizing a collection of 24 bit ROM samples, Elektrodrum is a flexible workstation for creating retro drum and tonal sounds. The download includes racks for both Ableton's Sampler and Impulse instruments.

Puremagnetik is an online subscription sound library geared towards electronic music production and digital DJing. Each month, subscribers can download new sound content. Puremagnetik's goal is to provide a high quality, affordable alternative within the current soundware market.

Please visit www.puremagnetik.com for more info.

old school user

Post by old school user » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:58 pm

Very good sounding set, with lots of macro control. Recommended!

john gordon

Post by john gordon » Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:22 am

i keep getting the message,'your login has been blocked' after i spent a whole 6 bucks.does it take a day or 2 before i can download this?

micah frank

Post by micah frank » Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:37 am

Sorry John,

seems we had this problem with some registrations tonight :x . it will work now to login.

john gordon

Post by john gordon » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:59 am

micah frank wrote:Sorry John,

seems we had this problem with some registrations tonight :x . it will work now to login.
thanks. i will give it a try

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:58 am

"Puremagnetik - Basic Monthly
Gain access to the CURRENT month's Micropacks and other content. $5.75 per month - cancel any time."

Does this mean we can download as much as we want in a timespan of a month of the current months micropacks, and keep the content downloaded?

LiveXXX

Post by LiveXXX » Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:49 pm

Yes, how does it work...

seems like a cool idea.
- Oliver Chesler

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:00 pm

aah been waitin for stuff like this

smartabletonuser

Post by smartabletonuser » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:08 pm

great stuff as usual! :)

good to have a developer that's on top of the latest goods

micah frank

Post by micah frank » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:18 pm

LiveXXX wrote:Yes, how does it work...

seems like a cool idea.
Yes, you can download each month's micropacks if you are registered for that month. The micropacks expire for monthly subscriptions but remain available for download for year-long subscribers. Monthly subscriptions automatically renew, but you can cancel it at any time.

This month's 3 micropacks, for instance, will expire once next month's micropacks arrive. If you have a one-year subscription, you will have access to everything for the duration of your plan. Here are some FAQs:
http://puremagnetik.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=12

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:06 pm

micah frank wrote:
LiveXXX wrote:Yes, how does it work...

seems like a cool idea.
Yes, you can download each month's micropacks if you are registered for that month. The micropacks expire for monthly subscriptions but remain available for download for year-long subscribers. Monthly subscriptions automatically renew, but you can cancel it at any time.

This month's 3 micropacks, for instance, will expire once next month's micropacks arrive. If you have a one-year subscription, you will have access to everything for the duration of your plan. Here are some FAQs:
http://puremagnetik.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=12
So we could have to wait up to a year if we just want to purcase one spesific micropack from your arcive?

micah frank

Post by micah frank » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:18 pm

ze2be wrote:
So we could have to wait up to a year if we just want to purcase one spesific micropack from your arcive?
Hi ze2be - no, that's not the case.

This is how it works: Each month, we come out with NEW micropacks. If you have an active subscription for that month, you can download that month's micropacks. If you have a "Premium Subscription" it is good for a year and you can download ANYTHING in the Puremagnetik library (from past months too).

This is our first month, so you really have nothing to lose by signing up now. All of our available micropacks are downloadable for this month's subscribers. You won't be disappointed :wink: . And if you decide it's not for you, you can always cancel your subscription.

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:54 pm

micah frank wrote:
ze2be wrote:
Hi ze2be - no, that's not the case.

This is how it works: Each month, we come out with NEW micropacks. If you have an active subscription for that month, you can download that month's micropacks. If you have a "Premium Subscription" it is good for a year and you can download ANYTHING in the Puremagnetik library (from past months too).

This is our first month, so you really have nothing to lose by signing up now. All of our available micropacks are downloadable for this month's subscribers. You won't be disappointed :wink: . And if you decide it's not for you, you can always cancel your subscription.

Its not like its expencive or anything! Just that im very picky, and doubt I use much of the packs of a whole year. But there might be something spesific id like occationaly from time to time.

Regardless, Id just might try it out this month. As I said its not expencive at all, but I would have preferd a free demo though!

To clerify my question: (hopefully!)
Will we be able to purcase one pack from a time it is not on the monthly offer, from only 1 month access? Or would I have to wait for it to show up on a monthly offer sometime in the future, if I only want to spend money for one months download?

micah frank

Post by micah frank » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:39 pm

Think of it as a magazine subscription. You can keep all current copies you get while your subscription is active - or you can buy a single copy from the magazine stand.

If you want back issues, then you can subscribe for a one year plan where you will have access to the entire catalog.

I hope that clears it up. :D

john gordon

Post by john gordon » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:47 pm

def. worth it. stuff sounds really good.