Quarter tones in ableton live/operator

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
hoffman2k

Re: Quarter tones in ableton live/operator

Post by hoffman2k » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:57 pm

Ah 2006... I miss my hair...
Quick side-note on microtuning, AMS files actually support it. In an AMS file you can specify a frequency or a note number in fractions.

@Chapelier
Did you find a good way to parse scala files? I dabbled with it ages ago and remember that scala files come in a handful of different notation styles.
That was a bit of a pain to parse and at the time most scala externals were commercial.

chapelier fou

Post by chapelier fou » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:54 am

@hoffmann2k :
I didn't look into scala files for now. But, according to the info provided with this device http://www.maxforlive.com/library/devic ... e-for-live it doesn't seem that hard to deal with.
No, my "system" is working with the basic idea of loading duplicated instruments, loaded in rack chains. One per voice. With one master device to edit them all simultaneously and to handle the voice distribution (round-robin, random, or pitch-based). It has multiple uses, but you could use it to retune voices individually.
MacBook Pro 13" Retina i7 2.8 GHz OS 10.13, L10.0.1, M4L.
MacStudio M1Max 32Go OS 12.3.1

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:55 pm

Ah, I see. Thanks for sharing.
Its probably best to convert some choice scales as internal presets instead of trying to make thousands of them work. I'm not even sure if I could tell if it worked :D