Start Selling Your Music on MySpace

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
rbmonosylabik

Start Selling Your Music on MySpace

Post by rbmonosylabik » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:29 pm

Just got this
Hey MySpace artists,

Music has always been at the heart of the MySpace community. As an artist, you have a place to connect directly with music lovers and build a fan base. Now, through our partnership with SNOCAP, you can sell digital downloads right on your MySpace page. This is something we’ve wanted to bring to you for a long time, and now it’s here!

It’s really simple. Just click the “Create Your MySpace Music Store” link on your Home page to register with SNOCAP (or click here), upload your music, and set your price. Your store will be automatically created on your MySpace profile right underneath the MySpace player, and a new “Manage Music Store” link will appear on your home page which lets you edit your songs or change the price. Once you’ve created your store your fans will be able to purchase your tracks right off your profile and even post your store on their own profiles, and you’ll get paid on a monthly basis. Click The Format
to check it out.

You don’t need to wait to have a CD’s worth of music to sell. Record something tonight and make it available immediately. Or upload a few tracks from the soundboard recording of your last show. A MySpace/SNOCAP MyStore puts the power of distribution in your hands. And best of all, it doesn’t limit any of your choices. You can still stream up to 4 tracks for free from the MySpace player on your page. You keep all the rights to your music. And this isn’t exclusive – you can put a MySpace/SNOCAP MyStore on your MySpace page and paste the store anywhere else on the web you use for promotion; plus you can also sell through an aggregator or any other digital retailer you have access to.

You already use MySpace to market & promote – now you can sell your songs!

Tom
thoughts?

MBP 2.3 GHz i5, Live 9.6.1, Push, MPD32, Rane SL2

SUPERBANANBOMB

Post by SUPERBANANBOMB » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:31 pm

I think it's a good way of fucking artists out of money and royalties.

I wouldn't recommend that to anyone.

Actually, if you read the fine print within Myspace, any non-copywritten music that is uploaded to a Myspace account is technically property OF Myspace...
AMD Athlon 64 3700+ laptop, 1 gig of ram
M-Audio Axiom 49
Korg PadKontrol
Roland JP-8080
Korg MS2000r

Ableton Live 6
Fruity Loops 6 XXL Producer Edition
Korg Legacy Collection
Waves DIAMOND bundle

rbmonosylabik

Post by rbmonosylabik » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:32 pm

hmmm, it asks for credit card info before letting you read the agreement

muscleandhate

Post by muscleandhate » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:45 pm

Music worth buying generally tends to get released?

Anyway, fuck myspace.

zippy

Post by zippy » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:50 pm

whats the myspace cut of the price you set??

rbmonosylabik

Post by rbmonosylabik » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:55 pm

zippy wrote:whats the myspace cut of the price you set??
I'm not giving them my credit card info to find out

MacBookDJ

Post by MacBookDJ » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:09 am

muscleandhate wrote:Music worth buying generally tends to get released?
Is that a question or an opinion?
MacBookDJ.com, obviously.
:o

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:26 am

SUPERBANANBOMB wrote:Actually, if you read the fine print within Myspace, any non-copywritten music that is uploaded to a Myspace account is technically property OF Myspace...
That's not right. They can use your music to promote the myspace concept while it is on the myspace network, and I do believe you will get royalties if they decide to use it.

If you do not want myspace to use your product in this way, you can take your music off-line, and it is no longer their right to use it.
Please read up on it, it'll help keep the info here more useful.

Cheers,
Andreas.
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:49 pm

furthermore, the service is provided by snocap distribution network. you're just embedding a player on your site essentially.

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:55 pm

There are already established sites such as Beatport, Broadjam or many others if you feel you have a product worthy of selling and a market willing to buy.

You could always link that to a Myspace page where your audio will not be downsampled to crap, or leave Myspace as your audio showcase where your music will be presented in terrible 16 bit/32 Khz 96 Kbps mp3 compressed from an already compressed mp3.

I don't know of many people making a living out of digital downloads, there is so much great music you can get for free on the web legally (not to mention p2p illegal downloads).

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:09 pm

leedsquietman wrote:There are already established sites such as Beatport, Broadjam or many others if you feel you have a product worthy of selling and a market willing to buy.

You could always link that to a Myspace page where your audio will not be downsampled to crap, or leave Myspace as your audio showcase where your music will be presented in terrible 16 bit/32 Khz 96 Kbps mp3 compressed from an already compressed mp3.

I don't know of many people making a living out of digital downloads, there is so much great music you can get for free on the web legally (not to mention p2p illegal downloads).
yeah but dude, try getting music on beatport outside the control of a label.

mercyplease

Post by mercyplease » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:16 pm

SUPERBANANBOMB wrote:I think it's a good way of fucking artists out of money and royalties.

Actually, if you read the fine print within Myspace, any non-copywritten music that is uploaded to a Myspace account is technically property OF Myspace...
total shite spoken by an idiot
HA HA HA :twisted:

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:18 pm

mercyplease wrote:
SUPERBANANBOMB wrote:I think it's a good way of fucking artists out of money and royalties.

mercyplease

Post by mercyplease » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:29 pm

oh you miserable twits
just how is empowering the musician with abiliry to sell their music directly to the public a shite idea???????????????????????????????
isnt this what all those unsigned musicians bitter about the corporate label sytem wanted all along. Where are those voices of rejoice
HERE IS A COUPLE OF IDEAS AS TO WHY THIS IS GOOD FOR Y O U
you have total A+R control
YOU CAN finish a tune and have it online for sale within 15 minutes
you have a huge ready built market just begging to buy some music from an undiscovered hero
you can finally be paid for your music no matter how little it is
no lawyers to deal with
no arsehole a+r to deal with
free to promote your self as YOU please
I could go on and on but WAIT theres a couple of negatives
a credit card and they take a percentage. oh well fuck that then, how dare those bastards even take one penny from sales. Its a shite idea, record labels are shite im going to sell my music by knocking directly on peoples doors round the estate cause im fucking under ground

:twisted:
Last edited by mercyplease on Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mercyplease

Post by mercyplease » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:29 pm

sweetjesus wrote:
mercyplease wrote:

:twisted: