midi keyboard on/off/latch question

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
mathew

midi keyboard on/off/latch question

Post by mathew » Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:34 pm

ive got a remote 25. winxp. live5

i use the buttons set to "momentary" for things like fx sends and beat repeats, but sometimes they dont all unlatch if i hit a couple at the same time.

i have my keyboard set for a handfull of fx tweaking; freezing, eq on/off ect.., but it is latched, not momentary, eg: i touch c4 and the eq is on.. i have to release and touch c4 again to turn it off..

i would like to be able to have certain keys, c4, and d4 for eg' be momentary, so that whatever is triggered is only "on" for the duration of my holding the note down.

ive looked around, but havent seen the solution, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

-mat
accepting the problem will only make it go away.
Not Boyfriend Material

mathew

Post by mathew » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:16 pm

anybody?
accepting the problem will only make it go away.
Not Boyfriend Material

annihilator.1

Post by annihilator.1 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:39 am

maybe something like midiyolk or similar could be used , IE: note on triggers the effect on & then note off turns it off , so the effect would only stay turned on while you hold the key.

Not sure if midiyolk specifically would do this as i have not used it.
You need a program that maps one midi message to another or key press.

Assign a key/midi note to the on/off switch & then make the 3rd party app interpret note on & note off to output whatever you assigned , you will need to map a specific note on/off else every key would do this.

chris_dan

Post by chris_dan » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:06 am

mathew wrote:ive got a remote 25. winxp. live5

i use the buttons set to "momentary" for things like fx sends and beat repeats, but sometimes they dont all unlatch if i hit a couple at the same time.

i have my keyboard set for a handfull of fx tweaking; freezing, eq on/off ect.., but it is latched, not momentary, eg: i touch c4 and the eq is on.. i have to release and touch c4 again to turn it off..

i would like to be able to have certain keys, c4, and d4 for eg' be momentary, so that whatever is triggered is only "on" for the duration of my holding the note down.

ive looked around, but havent seen the solution, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

-mat
I use Bome's MTpro_v1.5 for simulating a key press that latches for as long as I hold the button down on my control surface as well as for other midi related tasks. Midi-ox is another great midi utility BUT for Q&D tweaks to your midi path MTpro_v1.5 fits the bill...IMO.

The electronic musician of today without a midi utility is like an electrician without a voltmeter...you'll eventually connect the "wires" but it's so much nicer to see the signal it you can't hear it if you know what I mean.

Check it out!

Chris
Chris