good source of huge variety of sampler oscillator waveforms

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:13 am

kuniklo wrote:
Johnisslower wrote:
interesting. very very interesting. so doing the work yourself means your time is worthless. good call....
I'm sorry. I didn't realize you're stupid.
good call....
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

suburbanbather

Post by suburbanbather » Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:49 am

Personally, this does not feel like something I would spend any money on. Anyone with a basic sound editor can make their own raw waveforms. If you have $30 burning a hole in your pocket + not enough time for sound design, then go for it.

The only sample libraries I can see the point in buying are drum hits and wind/stringed instruments.

astroid

Post by astroid » Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:59 am

takes time to get to know a sample library anywho.

is that less valuable time than learning how to make your own sounds? is it less valuable than arguing on a message board?

i think the global answer is probably "WTF".
P4 3.4G 2MB, RME 9652, nord g2, g4+digi 001, axiom 49, peavey 1600X, evolver, gigastudio

http://myspace.com/astroidpowerup

kuniklo

Post by kuniklo » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:13 am

suburbanbather wrote:Personally, this does not feel like something I would spend any money on. Anyone with a basic sound editor can make their own raw waveforms. If you have $30 burning a hole in your pocket + not enough time for sound design, then go for it.
The point, which for some reason seems very difficult for some people to grasp, is that these are tools *for* sound design. These are single-cycle waveforms, not another sample library.

annihilator.1

Post by annihilator.1 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:16 am

id test a few single cycle waveforms in sampler first before buying because the loop in sampler has a minimum setting that may or may not be short enough.

kuniklo

Post by kuniklo » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:40 am

annihilator.1 wrote:id test a few single cycle waveforms in sampler first before buying because the loop in sampler has a minimum setting that may or may not be short enough.
Demo waveforms here:

http://galbanum.com/products/architectu ... i_Demo.zip

They work perfectly in Sampler. Some of the high frequency waves seem to confuse it's "best" interpolation mode though. They disappear entirely.

anti-banausic

Post by anti-banausic » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:44 am

I don't know what you guys are on about. This is so arcane. It reminds me of the discussion about using samples at all.....even for drum hits....some people are so arrogant.

If you don't make your own waveforms you aren't doing real sound design. Well, go code your own f@%^ing DAW then.

How different is it then dialing up a square or saw on a synth to make a nice bass sound? Besides, these can be looped, layered, it really isn't that different than having a bunch of oscillators. Ok, so perhaps not as tweakable with FM and additive, but geez.....really.....they are a nice tool. And they do save a bunch of time, and I bet you probably could make pretty unique sounds with them...

my .02
Macbook c2d 2.0, 2G RAM, 160G HD 5400 RPM, OSX(10.5.5), XP Home, LIVE6, BCR 2000, UC33e, Yamaha P-200, Logic Studio, KRK V6 II

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:29 am

anti-banausic wrote:I don't know what you guys are on about. This is so arcane. It reminds me of the discussion about using samples at all.....even for drum hits....some people are so arrogant.

If you don't make your own waveforms you aren't doing real sound design. Well, go code your own f@%^ing DAW then.

How different is it then dialing up a square or saw on a synth to make a nice bass sound? Besides, these can be looped, layered, it really isn't that different than having a bunch of oscillators. Ok, so perhaps not as tweakable with FM and additive, but geez.....really.....they are a nice tool. And they do save a bunch of time, and I bet you probably could make pretty unique sounds with them...

my .02
i feel that this is not what either poster meant.

its gotten a lil off hand

kiss and make up..

happy jesus week.

Poster

Post by Poster » Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:12 am

anti-banausic wrote:I don't know what you guys are on about. This is so arcane. It reminds me of the discussion about using samples at all.....even for drum hits....some people are so arrogant.

my .02
thank you and amen..

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:06 am

sweetjesus wrote:cue hoffman2k in 3... 2... 1....
Meh :wink:

Lets save the add campaign for when its finished 8)

carbonform

Post by carbonform » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:18 pm

and to think ive been using soundforge this whole time :twisted:

Spiralgroove

Post by Spiralgroove » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:25 pm

even picasso buys his paint at the store

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:39 pm

Spiralgroove wrote:even picasso buys his paint at the store
but some artists rembrandt and monet surely had to turn to certain techniques at certain times like grouding up natural dyes from minerals because you may not have been able to get the exact tone of paint they wanted.

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:42 pm

sweetjesus wrote:
Spiralgroove wrote:even picasso buys his paint at the store
but some artists rembrandt and monet surely had to turn to certain techniques at certain times like grouding up natural dyes from minerals because you may not have been able to get the exact tone of paint they wanted.
But I bet they didn't actually go dig them out of caves and such.

If only they had ebay :wink:

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:48 pm

sweetjesus wrote:
i feel that this is not what either poster meant.

its gotten a lil off hand

kiss and make up..

happy jesus week.
Dude, you started it with the Mac-then-Asus BS. There was harmony in the force. And then you created the great rift. Now we need fucking Anakin to bring balance back to the force, and we all know how that shit turns out. It's all your fault!!!!!!