Previewing Audio - Questions

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
spherop

Previewing Audio - Questions

Post by spherop » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:07 pm

I was trying to use the preview audio (in Live's file browser) to check out some reference mixes while doing my own mix.

2 questions:

1) Is there a way to disable previewing in the same tempo of the set?

2) How do you stop the preview from playing? I could not find a way ...

Thanks for taking time.

zazamoth

Post by zazamoth » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:31 pm

1st one i am not too sure on, i think you would have to click the warp feature off in the perferences??

but the second one..I just press stop on the transport bar! or Click the little blue headphonesin the top left hand corner off!

hope that helps :wink:
/IEC2/Sonar 8/Reason4/Recycle/kompakt/Battery2/intakt/absynth/pro53/Motu symp/zt3a~ MA ozone~BCF2000

https://www.facebook.com/SeraphSin

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:31 pm

1. no, at least I don't think so.

spherop

Post by spherop » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:00 pm

zazamoth wrote:1st one i am not too sure on, i think you would have to click the warp feature off in the perferences??

but the second one..I just press stop on the transport bar! or Click the little blue headphonesin the top left hand corner off!

thanks - i'll have to try the stop in trans again ...dfid not seem to stop the audio for me. since i am playing it with everything else stopped maybe that's why.

my new solution is just to load ref mixes into own track in mixer...so that's a pretty solid workaround.

would be nice tho to have option of preview without warpage.

zazamoth

Post by zazamoth » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:10 pm

spherop wrote:
zazamoth wrote:1st one i am not too sure on, i think you would have to click the warp feature off in the perferences??

thanks - i'll have to try the stop in trans again ...dfid not seem to stop the audio for me. since i am playing it with everything else stopped maybe that's why.

my new solution is just to load ref mixes into own track in mixer...so that's a pretty solid workaround.

yeah man, that is the downside..it does seem to stop everything. but the clicking the headphones off seems to work quite well ..but it too has it's downside...

to be honest, i haven't really noticed..the warp issue yet but most of the work i have been doing of late has been stuff, were i knew what was going were to start with, so..i'll keep an eye out for it though!
/IEC2/Sonar 8/Reason4/Recycle/kompakt/Battery2/intakt/absynth/pro53/Motu symp/zt3a~ MA ozone~BCF2000

https://www.facebook.com/SeraphSin

spherop

Post by spherop » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:22 pm

zazamoth wrote:
spherop wrote:

yeah man, that is the downside..it does seem to stop everything. but the clicking the headphones off seems to work quite well ..but it too has it's downside...

to be honest, i haven't really noticed..the warp issue yet but most of the work i have been doing of late has been stuff, were i knew what was going were to start with, so..i'll keep an eye out for it though!
well i think the preview in place is awsome and was prob not designed with checking reference mixes in mind.

tho - i thinik it would be good to have the same control you have over clips accessible for previewing.

longjohns

Post by longjohns » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:27 pm

To stop the preview, hitting 'esc' is another option. Or as mentioned you can disable the little preview icon