beautifully bad synth tutorial (youtube)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
itook4lefts

Post by itook4lefts » Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:19 pm

holy jesus and mary chain. the ableton video was one of the worst things i've ever seen. wow. the guy can't even work the program at all. he doesn't know he's still listen to the session view even though he's looking at the arrangement, dragging and dropping in shit that's not even playing, because he hasn't clicked the back to arrangement button. wow. who the fuck are gearwire? they've obviously got some money to fling at these retards.

"it really operates on the same principles. i guess maybe they've gotten better with how they operate seemlessly and the way everything's moving around and wotnot"

Cryptic UK

Post by Cryptic UK » Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:05 pm

look its the general forum
Drums

M. Bréqs

Post by M. Bréqs » Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:57 pm

I sent gearwire an email with a link to this thread, and the comments on youtube. Hopefully they realize that they've hired incompetents for their "crosstalk". Maybe they can talk about guitars and amps with authority (I don't know, I'm just speculating), but they don't know a goddamned thing about synthesis or software.

It's completely unprofessional to admit on a gear tutorial that "you don't read manuals". That should warrant a firing right there.

Secondly, learn the nomenclature of what you're reviewing. the "A" in ADSR does not mean amplitude. The names of the views in Live are "arrange" and "session".

That Britton kid comes off as particularly stupid and ignorant. I would imagine he's only on that show because he convinced somebody that because he spins records that he knows about "electronic music" or some shit. Maybe he's got an important daddy, or he's friends with the right guy...

Ultimately, I think that Gearwire has lost 95% of their credibility. I won't bother visiting that website again.

Allison Redhead

Post by Allison Redhead » Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:02 am

I found it very difficult to masturbate to this.

-Ali

Jadedsoul1

Post by Jadedsoul1 » Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:30 am

my jaw was biting down pritty hard through that, it was painfull to watch.
just hope people dont see that and think that ableton sucks.
coz its the best at what it does, and clearley these pricks dont know what it can do :oops:
PLEBS............

hivemind

Post by hivemind » Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:49 am

mikemc wrote: buwah. '...i'm not too farmiliar with previous versions of abbleton....'
i call it "abbleton"... that's how i would imagine a German speaker would speak it. "ay-bel-tunn" sounds too contrived to me. ah, the joys of text-based communication. is there a correct way to say it, and if so, who has handed down this particular commandment?
Allison Redhead wrote: I found it very difficult to masturbate to this.

-Ali
lol

~~~~

this video was truly embarrassing to watch. how can they release things like this? but i did like the part where he says "wow" alot.

Cryptic UK

Post by Cryptic UK » Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:32 am

people talking about stuff they know nothing about........oh wait a minute oh no not again.

Drums

GearwireRob

Post by GearwireRob » Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:42 am

Hey everyone:

Thanks much for the ass-kicking over the technical errors in the Ableton Live vid we produced.

We are working hard on getting 100% of our videos up to standard, and we appreciate the feedback that helps us with this. Yes, even the feedback involving projectile vomit.

About the Live video everyone's annoyed with: our biggest mistake was to get cornered into going ahead with the video when we lost the expected involvement of our resident Live user/expert Drew Krag at the last minute. We couldn't put our best foot forward and we couldn't postpone, either.

The reason we couldn't reschedule? The Ver 6 Beta copy we were working with expired the next day. No, we don't get free full copies of Live. And no, we can't just play games with the system clock on that particular test machine either.

Again, sorry to everyone and please know we're working hard to keep technical standards high at Gearwire. Thanks for your feedback.

-r
www.gearwire.com
gear smut for hopeless addicts

M. Bréqs

Post by M. Bréqs » Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:59 am

GearwireRob wrote: About the Live video everyone's annoyed with: our biggest mistake was to get cornered into going ahead with the video when we lost the expected involvement of our resident Live user/expert Drew Krag at the last minute. We couldn't put our best foot forward and we couldn't postpone, either.

The reason we couldn't reschedule? The Ver 6 Beta copy we were working with expired the next day. No, we don't get free full copies of Live. And no, we can't just play games with the system clock on that particular test machine either.

-r
Then why not download the next version of the beta? If you're on the beta list, you can always get the next update.

Also, this doesn't excuse the poor quality of the synthesis tutorial on the SH-201. Was your resident synth expert not in that day?

thelike5

Post by thelike5 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:01 am

GearwireRob wrote:Hey everyone:

Thanks much for the ass-kicking over the technical errors in the Ableton Live vid we produced.

We are working hard on getting 100% of our videos up to standard, and we appreciate the feedback that helps us with this. Yes, even the feedback involving projectile vomit.

About the Live video everyone's annoyed with: our biggest mistake was to get cornered into going ahead with the video when we lost the expected involvement of our resident Live user/expert Drew Krag at the last minute. We couldn't put our best foot forward and we couldn't postpone, either.

Again, sorry to everyone and please know we're working hard to keep technical standards high at Gearwire. Thanks for your feedback.

-r
Yeah, sorry but this one falls under the "you did it to yourself category"

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:37 am

I'd say the hole got deeper at this point.

EvilEvilEvilEvilEvil

Post by EvilEvilEvilEvilEvil » Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:42 am

Evil never makes excuses. We are all human and must accept our errors.

Look on the bright side - your video is capable of inducing some serious projectile vomiting.

Star Power

jasinski

Post by jasinski » Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:05 am

the other bright side for Gearwire is that bad publicity is still publicity. :)

Hey they could make this their new shtick. Incompitent tutorials and reviews. Might be kind of entertaining.

agent_orange

Post by agent_orange » Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:57 am

Allison Redhead wrote:I found it very difficult to masturbate to this.

-Ali
me too
visit my blog: www.visionorange.com

Cryptic UK

Post by Cryptic UK » Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:13 am

GearwireRob wrote:Hey everyone:

-r
I think you know what to do with this.

:)
Drums