Why Should I Upgrade from Live 1.5 ??

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Post Reply

Why Should I Upgrade from Live 1.5?

Should I upgrade It's better?
2
12%
Is Live 1.5 the best sequencer?
2
12%
Does Live 6 make better trance music?
6
35%
No, it's OK don't upgrade for a few more years.
7
41%
 
Total votes: 17

EvilEvilEvilEvilEvil
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:52 pm
Location: Vancouver Sometimes - Sometimes Geneva
Contact:

Why Should I Upgrade from Live 1.5 ??

Post by EvilEvilEvilEvilEvil » Mon Dec 25, 2006 2:15 am

I just bought Live 1.5 last month and now I'm wondering what all this commotion is about the latest version.... My friends say "Evil, the latest upgrade is OH so worth it and it makes so much better the trance and techno."

I say "Friends... I am a man of great decisions and when I do something, it's for the good of humanity"


Is it really worth it or am I throwing my money away? Does Live 6 really make better for trance music?
Image

Star Power

anonymouse
Posts: 627
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:33 am

Post by anonymouse » Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:31 am

Live is not good for Trance.

It excels at Happy Hardcore and Tribal House, but for Trance; it is pretty shitty.

Possibly for Garage Two-Step it might work; but Trance ... you need Fruity Loops.

Contra
Posts: 1263
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:59 am
Location: Miami,FL. USA
Contact:

Post by Contra » Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:41 am

so you could spend more time making Tarnce. beccause your posts are wacker than my SSL vs Liquid Mix post, and that's saying alot.

merry fuckball.
:D

Shoma
Posts: 709
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:20 pm
Location: Almaty, Kazakhstan

Post by Shoma » Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:57 am

i see almost no changes:

Image

forge
Posts: 17422
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:47 am
Location: Queensland, AU
Contact:

Post by forge » Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:38 pm

ahhhhh the little bus button...forgot about that

I think you should keep it just for the bus button

gregorythis
Posts: 113
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:26 pm

Post by gregorythis » Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:10 am

anonymouse wrote:Live is not good for Trance.

It excels at Happy Hardcore and Tribal House, but for Trance; it is pretty shitty.

Possibly for Garage Two-Step it might work; but Trance ... you need Fruity Loops.
what.
joking i hope

jb61264
Posts: 937
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:21 am
Location: Nebraska, USA

Re: Why Should I Upgrade from Live 1.5 ??

Post by jb61264 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:03 am

EvilEvilEvilEvilEvil wrote:Is it really worth it or am I throwing my money away? Does Live 6 really make better for trance music?
Yes, for the love of God please upgrade to 6, it will keep you so busy learning all the new features, we'll all be spared at least a week of having to sort through your stupid freaking poll posts
3.2 GHz Windows XP, Live 7, Reason 4, FL Studio 7, Stylus RMX, Sytrus, Toxic III, Novation X-Station 49, Akai MPD24, EMu XK6, Roland MC-303, Gemini BPM5000 Mixer, MBox

Contra
Posts: 1263
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:59 am
Location: Miami,FL. USA
Contact:

Re: Why Should I Upgrade from Live 1.5 ??

Post by Contra » Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:08 am

jb61264 wrote:
EvilEvilEvilEvilEvil wrote:Is it really worth it or am I throwing my money away? Does Live 6 really make better for trance music?
Yes, for the love of God please upgrade to 6, it will keep you so busy learning all the new features, we'll all be spared at least a week of having to sort through your stupid freaking poll posts
thats what i wanted to say but i kept it politically correct, thank you mini andrew dice clay, you've spoken well.
:D

leedsquietman
Posts: 6659
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:56 am
Location: greater toronto area

Post by leedsquietman » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:02 am

Any software program is what you make it and how you use it - Live in the hands of an experienced user is just as good for trance as FL. Reason is another good tool and heck, I know people who solely use Cubase and get good results. If you know how to use Live you can make trance music easily if that's your thing...

Post Reply