Multitouch its coming !!!! : )

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Dj-Grobe

Multitouch its coming !!!! : )

Post by Dj-Grobe » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:50 pm

Multitouch its coming !! :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/6246063.stm

http://www.apple.com/iphone/technology/specs.html

Apple just show today the multitouch its comming soon !
I stay 100% secure now apple launch some device with big screen and multitouch across 2007.

Before i start with my monotocuhlive project, i contact to jazzmutant guys, asking if they plain release software version of the lemur, you kklnow, only software option, and no complete hardware......
I think you need start think on make version fo lemur can be use on any machine ....why not !! guys of jazzmutant : )

Multitocuh cheap hardware its comming !! and i not plain make mi monotouchlive software modular......

Aditional to apple, microsoft anounce the multipoint device dsj for this runing month.

Apple launch fierst cheap masive device multitouch, microsoft launch the sdk : )

I coments lot of time thsi technology its coming, and lot of people say hey stop say bullshits !!............well buys HERE WE GO !!

Best regards.

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:24 am

they currently have no reason to release the software only version. people would just crack their software and use single touch monitors to play with it and their sales would drop to nothing. I'm thinking after multitouch monitors become the norm in the market place then maybe you'll see jazzmutant releasing a software only version. currently they have no competition so they might as well sell the expensive f*ing machine while they can.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:51 am

Its sugestion to jazzmutant, lot of opeole contactme asking if i create modular version of my monotouchlive, and the answer its no.
When i say lot of people, its really big amount, from now the answer its no.

Use with single touch its usefull, really usefull, some guys think no, but is, its just simple sugestion.
I happy with my contoller, but lot of djs, musician and vjs, can create your custom conrtolles with jazmutant software.

If they decide move in the moment when the multiple touch notebooks or tablets are launched, they loose lot of time to earn high percent of the market.
Its just sugestion, just that.

compositeone

Post by compositeone » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:08 pm

I guess it would be sensible for them to work on a software only version that they can "keep on the shelve" till multi touch screens become the norm, so that they can have a product to go with it out pretty quick.

For now though I don't really see a need for them to actually release a software only option for the reasons stated by Johnisfaster.
http://www.myspace.com/compositeswerve

"So what kind of music do you make?"
"Both kinds...... drum and bass."

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:40 pm

jazzmutant wont release the software for the exact same reasons apple wont release OSX for pc.

cos that would be a braindead, retarded thing to do while you're in the hardware business.
spreader of butter

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:56 pm

Funny conversation.

Lemur was kinda based on max, now you want it opened up to everybody :lol:

Just get max. Hell, somebody could probably make a well configured patch so you don't even have to buy max. I'm looking at you Andreas ;)

All we need is the hardware. The rest is pretty much tweaking the shit out of everything. No help required for that...

Bring on leopard, the mechanical overlays and multi touch.
Combine the concept of lemur and reactable in one device.

John Sweet

Post by John Sweet » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:00 pm

Robert's been interested in all this stuff, too. He confirmed a few months ago that he wants the Live UI to go modular, he was very interested in both the Lemur & the monotouch… I bet by around Live 8 we've got a build-yr-own-touchscreen-controller option coming. That would finally be the supercontroller everyone wants from Ableton.

Robert will need a Monodeck III by then, it's gonna happen…

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:18 pm

hoffman2k wrote:Just get max. Hell, somebody could probably make a well configured patch so you don't even have to buy max. I'm looking at you Andreas ;)
sure thing! I could build anyone a completely custom "monotouchlive" application from one day to another. Just email me the specs, people.

DJ-Grobe, feel free to refer people to me, if you want ;-)

By the way, don't you find it totally bad-ass that Apple is releasing the iPhone as "1st party apps only"... that's a friggin riot :roll:
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:51 pm

Machinate wrote:
hoffman2k wrote:Just get max. Hell, somebody could probably make a well configured patch so you don't even have to buy max. I'm looking at you Andreas ;)
sure thing! I could build anyone a completely custom "monotouchlive" application from one day to another. Just email me the specs, people.

DJ-Grobe, feel free to refer people to me, if you want ;-)

By the way, don't you find it totally bad-ass that Apple is releasing the iPhone as "1st party apps only"... that's a friggin riot :roll:
One day to other? wow that is great!!!!!! if you can make midi controller form one day to other with + 200 contolls, sliders, knobs and lot of features, free of bugs.............wow man...........i dont know why i not request controller to you, lol................ i spend 5 months of my life at this moment in MTL !!!
In my next life i contactyou..........but dont know , its possible in my next life i be a worm lol jaja

About ableton should have contoller for touch screen and some way to build custom contoller, yea man !! i requested that long time to ableton and talk about that with Robert Henke, but i dont think ableton interested on this for now.........
Best regards boys !!

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:53 pm

Grobe, the trick is to use a higher-level programming environment, like Max. You'll be rocking multisliders like nobody's business in no time. Midi in max is a cakewalk.
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:56 pm

well .............ok , if you can do it in 24hs, i clap my hand to you, i already test max and its very coomplicated, not super faster........its possible i not udnertand the concept at 100%........ anyway monotouchlive its simple up to verion 1.5 from coming verion 1.6 all start be more usefull and complete......

http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic. ... &start=255

Now arrival to the moment where i need make all better and better, the first satge where i work on concept leave it behind !

Machinate you have time for programing, and interested, make some appz modular, lot of people want that !! :)
I not have time for that and my project its udner other concept.

Cya boys and girls !
Last edited by Dj-Grobe on Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

waybeyondz

Post by waybeyondz » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:56 am

check out this multi-touch hardware:

http://cs.nyu.edu/~jhan/ftirtouch/

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:07 am

am i the only person who thinks touch screen is very annoying and glitchy?
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:41 am

nathannn wrote:am i the only person who thinks touch screen is very annoying and glitchy?
No, and its ok.
Lot of guys thinkand feel the same, for that reason the "fisical" contollers with real sliders, knobs, and buttons, never die :)

This its just another alternative : ) just that.