bidule questions

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
astroid

bidule questions

Post by astroid » Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:10 pm

trying out the demo of bidule and loving it, but i have some questions.

1. is anyone running bidule as a vst to process audio? if so, how big is the bite taken out of your cpu when you run fft effects like the bin delay?
2. are people still having weird problems running the most current version of bidule as a rewire slave under live 6?
3. does the vst have the same functionality as the standalone?
4. can you do midi fx (microtonality, cc envelopes specifically) while it's in vst mode and route the results to back to an ableton midi track? does it host synchronize?

the reason i ask all these questions about the vst is because you don't get the vst until you pay the $$. and i figure some versions have passed since the last problems with bidule and rewire were reported

thanks in advance:)
P4 3.4G 2MB, RME 9652, nord g2, g4+digi 001, axiom 49, peavey 1600X, evolver, gigastudio

http://myspace.com/astroidpowerup

blank

Post by blank » Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:26 pm

I guess you better post your questions on the bidule forums.

You will have all your response faster by the plug developer there.

cheers

ejectorset

Post by ejectorset » Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:53 pm

omghi2astroid.

d00d you should have started a thread over at teh emternet.

i use bidule. i use an ibook. i run the audiounit version inside of live (havent done it in awhile).

i'll load it up later and try it but as far as i remember you do get the plugin sync.

the plugin versions of bidule come in instrument and effect flavors (vst or vsti) or at least they used to, so that you could pump teh midis into bidule then back into live.

im no fft master so i cant touch your first question.

i don't like rewire because of limited midi routing capabilites. so i can't answer the #2. ie. you can pump midi into a rewire slave, but not back out afaik, audio out of a rewire slave but not it.
13" 2.0 gHz core 2 duo macbook, live 6, korg poly 800 (w/ moog slayer mod), roland rs-09, rhodes mark 1A stage piano, mattel synsonics analog drum machine

hambone1

Post by hambone1 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:18 pm

I'm using the VST to generate CCs for synching and beatmatching video effects and lighting. It CAN take a healthy chunk of CPU, unfortunately, and has a certain amount of latency, too.

It DOES work, though. If I were smarter, I'd do a lot more with it... :?

astroid

Post by astroid » Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:33 pm

lol ejectorset

thx guys. helpful.

any other live 6 user have experience with this? how's about on a pc?
P4 3.4G 2MB, RME 9652, nord g2, g4+digi 001, axiom 49, peavey 1600X, evolver, gigastudio

astroid

Post by astroid » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:28 am

ok,

so now i can get sound out of live into bidule, or midi out of live into bidule via rewire and then audio back to bidule.

is there a way to run sound out of live, into bidule, and then back into live? can you only do it in vst mode, or can you do it in rewire?