PLEASE!! help quick!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
higzy

PLEASE!! help quick!

Post by higzy » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:35 pm

Hi everyone, this is my first post on the forums and over the past month I have been learning how to use live 6!

It is awesome!! I rewire it with reason and its very promising :roll:

BUT!! I am a complete noob with MIDI... I go a korg padKontrol for my birthday back in september, and still, I do not know how to use it properly!

Can someone help me from the very basics, on how to use the padkontrol on impulse, I want to know how to do a roll and flam! Everytime I hit a pad, there is no sound but I can see that ableton is recieving the messages as the little sound bar jumps! I dont even know how to set up the padkontrol in the preferences. Yes Im that bad! I have althought been able to assign pad to different functions on ableton ( like start track etc ) . .

so please someone with experience help me please :oops: :oops:

thanks ;)

higzy

Post by higzy » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:01 pm

come on :(

Mike Goodwin

Post by Mike Goodwin » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:09 pm

load impuls into a midi track and press the in button on that track. There ya go. As for setting up the pad kontroll, if live is reciving mid as it seems to be then dont even worry abou it for now.

airconteka

Post by airconteka » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:09 pm

You need to map the midi.

higzy

Post by higzy » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:12 pm

thanks for replys but It wont let me map the midi to the drum samples on impulse!

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:25 pm

I vote higzy for President!!
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:09 pm

higzy wrote:thanks for replys but It wont let me map the midi to the drum samples on impulse!
you need to set up preferences to accept input from the padkontrol on the track.

put impulse on a midi track

set the midi in to the padkontrol.

arm the track.

You will see movement on the MIDI input meter if things are working right so far. (the thing sends notes, right?)

If it sends notes, drop a 'pitch' plug into the MIDI track. Turn it until you hear some sounds from impulse, then adjust so the kickpad is kicking, the snarepad is snare-ing, etc.
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.

higzy

Post by higzy » Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:35 pm

mikemc wrote:
higzy wrote:thanks for replys but It wont let me map the midi to the drum samples on impulse!
you need to set up preferences to accept input from the padkontrol on the track.

put impulse on a midi track

set the midi in to the padkontrol.

arm the track.

You will see movement on the MIDI input meter if things are working right so far. (the thing sends notes, right?)

If it sends notes, drop a 'pitch' plug into the MIDI track. Turn it until you hear some sounds from impulse, then adjust so the kickpad is kicking, the snarepad is snare-ing, etc.
Thanks mike, which inputs/outputs should I use as the pad has "padkontrol 1 MIDI IN, padkontrol 1 Port A, padkontrol 1 Port B" and out it has "padkontrol 1 CTRL and padkontrol 1 MIDI Out"

compositeone

Post by compositeone » Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:54 pm

I use padKontrol 1 port A as I use the USB interface.

As I don't output anything to the padkontrol from Live I didn't set that up.
http://www.myspace.com/compositeswerve

"So what kind of music do you make?"
"Both kinds...... drum and bass."