Abelton to Pro Tools Rewire Question

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
drgonzo1069

Abelton to Pro Tools Rewire Question

Post by drgonzo1069 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:06 am

I Rewired abelton to protools , i can hear the sound i rewired from abelton on Pro Tools but after i record it i cant hear what i played?

jesQuick

Post by jesQuick » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:09 am

You have to insert Ableton on an AUX-track... Then bus the output to an Audio-track and record it there...

Makes sense!?

Cheers

drewbixcube

Post by drewbixcube » Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:20 pm

If you've already recorded the audio and you still can't hear it, then it could very well be that you have input only monitoring turned on in PT. It's a function in one of the drop down menus that allows you to monitor only that which is being routed into PT, even during playback.

binarywords

Post by binarywords » Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:35 pm

Why are you even doing this. If your afraid of the quality of live because of its warping this wont help. These samples are still being warped in Live's audio engine, you'll just be passing the signal through rewire which will be further degrading the signal. Live sounds fine how it is.
myspace.com/mrirez

jesQuick

Post by jesQuick » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:57 am

binarywords wrote:Why are you even doing this. If your afraid of the quality of live because of its warping this wont help. These samples are still being warped in Live's audio engine, you'll just be passing the signal through rewire which will be further degrading the signal. Live sounds fine how it is.
To my knowledge (please correct me if Im wrong) rewire will NOT degrade the audio... Its still 32 bit float så nothing is degradeded...

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:05 pm

jesQuick wrote:Its still 32 bit float så nothing is degradeded...
true, and a brilliant danish typo as well :)
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.

jesQuick

Post by jesQuick » Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:24 pm

Machinate wrote:
jesQuick wrote:Its still 32 bit float så nothing is degradeded...
true, and a brilliant danish typo as well :)
Well, thats actually how i sound like... :)

BTW - binarywords is right about Live sounding just as good as any other DAW.

Cryptic UK

Post by Cryptic UK » Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:50 pm

binarywords wrote:Why are you even doing this. If your afraid of the quality of live because of its warping this wont help. These samples are still being warped in Live's audio engine, you'll just be passing the signal through rewire which will be further degrading the signal. Live sounds fine how it is.
Why are you complaining about someone using rewire? how do you know what he wants to use it for or if thats any of your business.
Drums

binarywords

Post by binarywords » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:34 pm

Whoa there calm down there skippy I aint hurt n'body. The reason I ask is because if he is doing this so he can use his RTAS plugins then by all means... but if he's doing this for sound quality then i think he may be wasting his time and efforts. I was hanging out with one of the engineers from M-Audio when I asked him more or less the same question. This is when I was subjected to a half-hour tongue lashing on the subject of "the problems with rewire." To be honeest I only really walked away from this with a headache and a firm resolution to never use rewire again. I just emailed him to sum it up for me again.
myspace.com/mrirez

Cryptic UK

Post by Cryptic UK » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:38 pm

hes just trying to use it, doesnt matter what for does it you're opinion boy
Drums

binarywords

Post by binarywords » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:46 pm

:? so it goes
myspace.com/mrirez

twistandshout

Post by twistandshout » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:45 am

Hey all

Im having a real problem in that when i go to the pro tools instrument section in order to rewire with Ableton, nothing comes up...............am i missing something?

http://www.ableton.com/pages/rewire/pro_tools7