Essential Sounds, any good?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
hat

Essential Sounds, any good?

Post by hat » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:17 pm

Finally upgrading to LIve 6, I was wondering if the sounds (Essesntial Instruments) included in the boxed version are worth the extra $100? By the size of it, I would guess they are decent, but how do they compare to various modules and other packages we are famiiar with (ie: Reason, etc). I tried searching to read some reviews but didn't find anything too accurate. Also, is there anywhere in the US I could buy the boxed 6 upgrade instead of waiting for Ableton to ship it to me? Thanks!

hat

Post by hat » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:20 pm

m'k I just found a relevant thread after a more refined search, my bad.....I will see what they say about it, but if you want to add more comments here, by all means..... ;)

Contra

Post by Contra » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:38 am

i paid for it and unlocked it after downloading the program but i cant find the instruments (i paid for the box set which is being delayed on delivery cuz of fed ex) so i dunno if i have to wait for the box, but if this thread is still up here ill post about it.

pz

BASSbüro

Post by BASSbüro » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:16 am

same here. i've installed a bunch of essential sounds delievered with the live 6 box.

but my question is: are this only wave-samples? and where the hell are they mapped? or is this a preset-library for instruments? and where the hell are this presets?

:roll:

since i have upgraded to live 6 and have installed this essential sounds, i've never touched them. cuz, i can't find them...he, he. i think they get lost somewhere in the harddisc-drive......... :D
regards,
thom

nosuch

Post by nosuch » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:29 am

they are in the instrument section of your browser (in live) instrument racks.
...just trying to figure out how to make my computer sing....

BASSbüro

Post by BASSbüro » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:50 am

you made my day, nosuch. i was first exposed these instrument racks are combinations of various instrument-units like simpler, impulse etc.

now i got it...... :D
regards,
thom

nosuch

Post by nosuch » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:50 am

you're welcome.
;-)
...just trying to figure out how to make my computer sing....

ikeaboy

Post by ikeaboy » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:11 am

I've used the Trumpet and Choirs and I'm well impressed.

nolus

Post by nolus » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:24 am

there is a chicken/egg situation with the EIC.

ie. which was conceived first; instrument racks and the note length plugin or the EIC with its need for separate release samples???

Maybe it all came in a single blinding flash of inspiration.

BTW. If you plan on getting the EIC make sure you have plenty of RAM (at least 1 GB).
"That very perceptive of you Mr Stapleton, and rather unexpected... in a G Major"