*OT* Bush State of the Union

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
glu

*OT* Bush State of the Union

Post by glu » Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:10 am

omg, what am I smoking, I think I heard Bush utter the words "Darfur, solar panels, biodiesel, global climates,..."
no prevailing genre of music:
http://alonetone.com/glu

MartinOM28V

Post by MartinOM28V » Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:38 am

Sounds like a mission for Sampler.

tricil

Post by tricil » Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:50 am

also "peninshula"
MacBook Pro T7600 / OS X 10.5.7 / Ableton Suite 8.0.2 / Peak Pro XT 6.1.1 / ReMOTE 37SL

nowtime

Post by nowtime » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:55 am

it wasn't him speaking.

he was channeling nancy pelosi.

jamester

Post by jamester » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:22 am

Pelosi was snacking on something, chewing constantly...McCain and Biden were cought napping...the "Subway Hero" was getting his groove on...oh, and Bush is ignoring the will of almost everybody - including his own party - in thinking a 12% increase in troop levels will be enough to secure a city we haven't been able to get control of in three years, not to mention the rest of the country...

I was really impressed with the Dem's rebuttle, until Webb blew a line and almost completely lost his shit for the rest of the speech. Sort of negated all the goodness that came before it...damnit...
Purrrfect Audio PC by Jim Roseberry
Edirol UA-1000, Korg PadKontrol, Dynaudio BM 5A's
REAPER, Live, Sound Forge

forge

Re: *OT* Bush State of the Union

Post by forge » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:10 am

glu wrote:omg, what am I smoking, I think I heard Bush utter the words "Darfur, solar panels, biodiesel, global climates,..."
"okay mister Bush, I think in this one you should change your tact a little, make it look like you've gone green and started to care about the countries that really do need our help, here's your speech.."

"uh thanks Carl, but lemme get this straight, we dont gotta acherly do all this stuff do we?"

"No George, of course we don't - I would have thought that would go without saying by now"

"Sure, no problem, just had me wurried fer a minute there"

Kodama

Post by Kodama » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:08 pm

I thought Webb's reply was near-perfect, if American conservatives can't identify with that, they are not conservative at all.

As for Bush's speach, it was like - gloss, sugar coating, throwing some hot wind at "liberal" talking points, a health care idea that helps wealthy self-employed people and hurts everyone else, then *BAM* 9-11, terrorists, Iran, more $$$$ and people thrown at our millitary problems while the *ACTUAL* defining struggles of our time that kill millions and send our planet to brink of destruction are ignored.
GO VEGAN!!! - Macbook Air, Bass Station II, Some Korg shit, Live Suite, U-He, Audio Damage, Microtonic, Ohmicide, more soft stuffs, awesome controllers, euro rack modular synth,an awesome cat.

kabuki

Post by kabuki » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:24 pm

Every time Bu$h opens his mouth, I visualize a thick plug of steaming, fettid shit to slowly spew out like a Play-Doh fun factory of poop, except it would be mispronounced and nastier that real poop.
15" PB 2.5 Ghz, 4 Gig RAM, 750 GB HD, Live 9 still no cue points or program change messages?!?. Doesn't do shit.

jb61264

Post by jb61264 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:32 pm

Oh God please...when has any President in recent history given a State of the Union that everybody thought was awesome?...can't happen because Democrats will ALWAYS find something at fault with a Republican President and Republicans are ALWAYS going to find something at fault with a Democratic President.

If anyone tells me Clintons State of the Unions were the bomb I will spew up all over my Novation X-Station (so please don't say it because I really like my X-Station)
3.2 GHz Windows XP, Live 7, Reason 4, FL Studio 7, Stylus RMX, Sytrus, Toxic III, Novation X-Station 49, Akai MPD24, EMu XK6, Roland MC-303, Gemini BPM5000 Mixer, MBox

binarywords

Re: *OT* Bush State of the Union

Post by binarywords » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:37 pm

forge wrote:
glu wrote:omg, what am I smoking, I think I heard Bush utter the words "Darfur, solar panels, biodiesel, global climates,..."
"okay mister Bush, I think in this one you should change your tact a little, make it look like you've gone green and started to care about the countries that really do need our help, here's your speech.."

"uh thanks Carl, but lemme get this straight, we dont gotta acherly do all this stuff do we?"

"No George, of course we don't - I would have thought that would go without saying by now"

"Sure, no problem, just had me wurried fer a minute there"

lol
myspace.com/mrirez

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:49 pm

I was too tired last night to let my brain deal with that fucking moron.

kabuki

Post by kabuki » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:54 pm

jb61264 wrote:Oh God please...when has any President in recent history given a State of the Union that everybody thought was awesome?...can't happen because Democrats will ALWAYS find something at fault with a Republican President and Republicans are ALWAYS going to find something at fault with a Democratic President.

If anyone tells me Clintons State of the Unions were the bomb I will spew up all over my Novation X-Station (so please don't say it because I really like my X-Station)
I didn't listen to it. A waste of time. I can not believe a thing he says since the lies he told for justifying this illegal war. He has lost all credibility with me (and, lol, the majority of America), and in turn any respect. I respect more, the dickhead I saw on the way to work almost run a bunch of folks off the road while driving a way-too-big-to-justify SUV and talking on a cell phone. I mean a TOTAL dickhead behind the wheel. WAY more respect that Bu$h. I wouldn't piss on him to put out a fire. The guy driving the SUV. Bu$h, howerever, I might try extiguishing said proverbial fire with a little Iraq war booty.

Fuck that guy and the shit he spews.
15" PB 2.5 Ghz, 4 Gig RAM, 750 GB HD, Live 9 still no cue points or program change messages?!?. Doesn't do shit.

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:57 pm

Right on, my texas brutha!

replicant6

Post by replicant6 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:15 pm

kabuki wrote:He has lost all credibility with me (and, lol, the majority of America)

That would presuppose that he had some to begin with. I live up here in Canada but for the past two elections everybody I know was like... "No frickin way. He got in? Are you serious?"

The fact that he even became president even once is a real head scratcher.

R6

kabuki

Post by kabuki » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:33 pm

replicant6 wrote:
kabuki wrote:He has lost all credibility with me (and, lol, the majority of America)

That would presuppose that he had some to begin with. I live up here in Canada but for the past two elections everybody I know was like... "No frickin way. He got in? Are you serious?"

The fact that he even became president even once is a real head scratcher.

R6
Because, TWICE, he fixed the election.

There were a lot of us down here (even in the soulless heart of Bush country) that were saying the same thing. I damn-near moved up there to Canadia my self. Unfortunately, y'all don't want uneducated hayseeds. :P