Workaround for Live + Sampletank!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Enots

Workaround for Live + Sampletank!

Post by Enots » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:09 pm

Hey what's up? Like alot that I've seen, I've had problems using ST in Ableton and have all but given up on using the 2 together. But today I tried another option and thus far not even a hitch of problems!

I loaded one instance of Energy XT instrument into a midi channel. From inside Energy XT, I loaded ST2 (all multitimbral). I'm getting none of the normal behavior (crashes, etc.) using this method. You're actually routing midi channels to energy xt's midi inputs as opposed to sampletanks. It seems like energy xt handles st better and since it's modular in nature, you can do some cool routing in addition.

Try it out and see if it works for you. I'll report if i still get crashes.

BTW I'm still using Live 6.0.1. 6.0.3 is a little too buggy for me
Christ Jesus is King
www.tonystonebeats.com

shaneblyth

Re: Workaround for Live + Sampletank!

Post by shaneblyth » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:21 pm

Enots wrote:Hey what's up? Like alot that I've seen, I've had problems using ST in Ableton and have all but given up on using the 2 together. But today I tried another option and thus far not even a hitch of problems!

I loaded one instance of Energy XT instrument into a midi channel. From inside Energy XT, I loaded ST2 (all multitimbral). I'm getting none of the normal behavior (crashes, etc.) using this method. You're actually routing midi channels to energy xt's midi inputs as opposed to sampletanks. It seems like energy xt handles st better and since it's modular in nature, you can do some cool routing in addition.

Try it out and see if it works for you. I'll report if i still get crashes.

BTW I'm still using Live 6.0.1. 6.0.3 is a little too buggy for me
I presume this is on a XP system ?
I have it on a MAc but the only wierd issue I have is the preanalysis doesnt work.. I believe it is suppose to do it once on a sound and then save it showhow somewhere and then do it again Mine just does it every time and 16 times ! then it gives up the sounds play fine.. It is a pain in the donkey
MacbookPro Core2Duo 17" 160 gb SATA 2gb ram.
Korg M3
1 Terabyte External Drive
Presonus Firebox
Live 6,

nolus

Post by nolus » Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:58 pm

Like you I have found that energy XT is very good at taming badly behaved plugins.

But I'm using SampleTank 2.11 with live 6.01 fully multitimbral / multiout and don't experience any problems as long as I don't use more than one instance.

If I use more than one instance with multicore support active and any of the ST sounds uses the rotating speaker effect then it crashes in horrible noisy ways.

This is on an XP core duo system.

I reported this on the Live 6 beta forum but so far it's not been fixed.
"That very perceptive of you Mr Stapleton, and rather unexpected... in a G Major"

loophead

Post by loophead » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:53 pm

shaneblyth wrote:I have it on a MAc but the only wierd issue I have is the preanalysis doesnt work.. I believe it is suppose to do it once on a sound and then save it showhow somewhere and then do it again Mine just does it every time and 16 times ! then it gives up the sounds play fine.. It is a pain in the donkey
Works fine but it wont save anything unless YOU save it !
Live 607 Mac G5 dual 2.0 Ghz w/ 3.5 gig ram
OS X 10.4.10, Motu 828mk2, c-thru axis, Too many plugins "detective chief superintendent"

shaneblyth

Post by shaneblyth » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:17 pm

loophead wrote:
shaneblyth wrote:I have it on a MAc but the only wierd issue I have is the preanalysis doesnt work.. I believe it is suppose to do it once on a sound and then save it showhow somewhere and then do it again Mine just does it every time and 16 times ! then it gives up the sounds play fine.. It is a pain in the donkey
Works fine but it wont save anything unless YOU save it !
can u explain what you mean by you needing to save it ?
Do u mean if a sound does preanalysis when loaded that you have to save it as another sound or else next time opening it it does the preanalysis again..
Maybe I am misunderstanding you.. I have heard a few others with PC's have preanalysis issues when loading standard sounds..
MacbookPro Core2Duo 17" 160 gb SATA 2gb ram.
Korg M3
1 Terabyte External Drive
Presonus Firebox
Live 6,