Axiom 25 keys not detecting?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
blueprint

Axiom 25 keys not detecting?

Post by blueprint » Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:26 pm

Hi,

I am having trouble having my Midi controller, axiom 25, detect Live.

-The keys don't detect
-The pads DO work, so do the knobs

Goal: laying down some notes for a bassline but can't.

Any suggestions? Enigma (axioms special mapper, is hard to work)

Help is appreciated.

blueprint

Post by blueprint » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:48 pm

...........?

Herne

Post by Herne » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:16 pm

Make sure zones A-D are active, in presets 18,19 & 20, whiich are the ones designed for GM and general usage.
The Enigma editor is a bit mad at times, but I found the Yahoo Enigma user group helpful.
There's an Axiom tutorial on the downloads page here as well.
Live 6.10 | Vista Ultimate | Reason 3 |
Athlon 64 X2 6400 | 4GB DDR2 8000 |
Axiom 61 | BCR2000 | PadKONTROL |

blueprint

Post by blueprint » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:22 pm

yeah, i downloaded the tutorial. the enigma editor is confusing to me, it needs a tutorial in itself. the live tutorial is also a bit confusing..

Questions:

-I don't need any other output wires if I'm using the usb cable, correct? (im not using this live just in studio)

-how am I supposed to reset the presets after dumping 18,19,20 in the Live tutorial?

In Enigma:

-my keys aren't detecting at all anywhere. How do I set this up in Enigma?

blueprint

Post by blueprint » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:02 pm

anyone?

geekbeats

Post by geekbeats » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:54 pm

blueprint wrote:anyone?

do you have any way of verifying that your computer is receiving midi activity from the keyboard?

also, have you been able to use it with any other midi program?

NewAndImprov

Post by NewAndImprov » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:05 am

I bought an Axiom 61 last week, and the sliders and programmable buttons wouldn't work, they wouldn't send MIDI to the computer, and the on-board programming wouldn't recognize fader moves. I returned it and the replacement works fine. You may have a defective unit.

Enigma is kind of a pain in the ass as well. It took me several days to realize that when you send the current setup from the computer to the Axiom, it's sending the entire bank and not just the patch you are editing. I'm still figuring a bunch of stuff out, but it all seems to work now. It's an awesome controller, IMHO.

breedsound

Post by breedsound » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:13 am

i love the axiom 25. its solid and dope! BUT. programming IT and the enigma software is tricky. i still haven't really figured it out. you might try loading a different preset on the 25 by pressing: "program" and then pressing the the plus or minus button.

good luck...cuz when you get the axiom setup...ITZ DOPE!

_breed

blueprint

Post by blueprint » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:11 pm

NewAndImprov wrote:I bought an Axiom 61 last week, and the sliders and programmable buttons wouldn't work, they wouldn't send MIDI to the computer, and the on-board programming wouldn't recognize fader moves. I returned it and the replacement works fine. You may have a defective unit.

Enigma is kind of a pain in the ass as well. It took me several days to realize that when you send the current setup from the computer to the Axiom, it's sending the entire bank and not just the patch you are editing. I'm still figuring a bunch of stuff out, but it all seems to work now. It's an awesome controller, IMHO.
The axiom had worked with the default settings..then I followed the ableton tutorial downloadd off this site for the Axiom controllers, then after dumping everything on presets 18-20, i could reprogram them.

shits driving me nuts. seriously considering selling it.

taaloopa

Post by taaloopa » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:20 am

Check that you have group A enabled on the preset you're working with. I think group A relates to the keys, pitch bend wheel & modulation wheel, Group B to the rotary knobs & transport controls & group C to the pads.
I've been using the Axiom 25 ( & live ) since January & have had some difficulty seting it up, ( my own configuration rather than just using the presets ) but once done it works well.
The thing to look for is that the right zones & groups are active for the preset bank you're using.