Sound quality....for REAL.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
cannone

Sound quality....for REAL.

Post by cannone » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:58 pm

OK. REALLY. Is live's sound quality comprable to Logic? What's the deal with ? loss with Warp? I mean....if you lose any quality with Warp....then why use Live as a DAW?

I can't tell a difference.....but I was told Logic's quality was better.....is it?????

I prefer Live as a DAW it's just so much easier to use....but I don't want any quality loss.

Can you guys help?

Thanks.
Live 6. iMac 20'' 2GB PPC. Novation 25SL. Line 6 POD XT. Fender Stratocaster Ultra. M-Audio Trigger Finger and Firewire Solo.

www.myspace.com/cannonturner

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:03 pm

Worm Can Open

nolus

Post by nolus » Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:14 pm

Not again, please !!!

I think I just lost the will to live.
"That very perceptive of you Mr Stapleton, and rather unexpected... in a G Major"

Mike Goodwin

Post by Mike Goodwin » Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:18 pm

do a search please, this comes up once a month ever since I started reading this forum over two years ago :roll:

sweetjesus

Re: Sound quality....for REAL.

Post by sweetjesus » Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:19 pm

cannone wrote:OK. REALLY. Is live's sound quality comprable to Logic? What's the deal with ? loss with Warp? I mean....if you lose any quality with Warp....then why use Live as a DAW?

I can't tell a difference.....but I was told Logic's quality was better.....is it?????

I prefer Live as a DAW it's just so much easier to use....but I don't want any quality loss.

Can you guys help?

Thanks.
just to save everyone the hassle again

you will get timestretching degrading audio in logic or in ableton live even pro tools suffers from this... you know what, its a fact of life.. for REAL.

in every aspect it is comparable to other products except for one.. it pisses on the rest for composition and production.

udp

Post by udp » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:03 pm

cannone wrote:

If you can't hear a difference, is there one. People who you that don't know how to judiciously use Live, and they're to lazy to spend the time to learn. Live is the most deep program for creating and mangling sound I've heard. It takes time to learn to tame the warp engine, but that knowlege is incredibly powerful. Workflow is worth a lot on my book. If your friends told you that natural condoms worked better than latex , would you listen to them?
OS X.5 MacBook Core 2Duo 2.2ghz, 2Gig RAM Mackie Onyx 400F m-audio BX8's, Oxygen 8, Zoom H-4, Alesis Masterlink, Bitstream 3x
http://www.udpmusic.com

mauve

Post by mauve » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:07 pm

cannone wrote:OK. REALLY. Is live's sound quality comprable to Logic? What's the deal with ? loss with Warp? I mean....if you lose any quality with Warp....then why use Live as a DAW?
Thanks.
Good like trying to disable warp.
Going:
"Loop/Warp Short Samples - Unwarped One shot
Auto-Warp Long Samples - Off"
does not work.
So every time you record something it is going to be warped and you will have to turn it off in the clip view, each time. :D
Last edited by mauve on Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mike holiday

Post by mike holiday » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:15 pm

cannone wrote:I can't tell a difference.....but I was told.
dual 1.8 G4 10.4.9 w/768 ram & A&H xone 3D

"I ain't often right but I've never been wrong"

ciw

Post by ciw » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:08 pm

mauve wrote: So every time you record something it is going to be warped and you will have to turn it off in the clip view, each time. :D
except that, if you keep the clip at the original tempo and pitch, beats mode warp will not alter the sound/affect the quality at all so you can keep it switched on.

eamoon

Post by eamoon » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:13 pm

And, if you don't believe that your recordings won't be mangled if you keep the tempo the same, then try it yourself with some kind of looping input. Record a clip, then switch the monitoring mode back and forth for an A/B test.

mauve

Post by mauve » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:23 pm

ciw wrote:
mauve wrote: So every time you record something it is going to be warped and you will have to turn it off in the clip view, each time. :D
except that, if you keep the clip at the original tempo and pitch, beats mode warp will not alter the sound/affect the quality at all so you can keep it switched on.
I guess it would not bother me if it was true.
I couldn't understand why it sounded strange when I played back recorded stuff. Then I noticed in the clip view that the warp was on (despite the fact that I "disabled" it in preferences).
When I turned it off in the clip view the recording sounded the way I intended it.

Bisco

Post by Bisco » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:34 pm

Tarekith wrote:Worm Can Open

LMAO!!!!

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:30 pm

For fuck's sake...

rbmonosylabik

Post by rbmonosylabik » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:11 pm

Oh look, a dead horse!!

MBP 2.3 GHz i5, Live 9.6.1, Push, MPD32, Rane SL2

nebulae