U.S to Attack Iran

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
woodwardjnr

U.S to Attack Iran

Post by woodwardjnr » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:17 pm

Seeing as this is about a 70% likelyhood, how will the American population respond. I cant see it going down too well in the UK, but poodle blair will follow his masters orders.

Shoma

Post by Shoma » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:19 pm

this wont happy, imho. Only if the American Government has billions of dollars to give away of course...which it doesnt

Zerobae

Post by Zerobae » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:22 pm

blair is to leave office in may, no?

rbmonosylabik

Post by rbmonosylabik » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:30 pm

15+ page thread

MBP 2.3 GHz i5, Live 9.6.1, Push, MPD32, Rane SL2

woodwardjnr

Post by woodwardjnr » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:31 pm

Zerobae wrote:blair is to leave office in may, no?
Hopefully sooner.

It does seem that the case for military action is being scuried together in an even more haphazard way than the case for Iraq. I'm willing to put money on an attack before the end of the year.

woodwardjnr

Post by woodwardjnr » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:32 pm

rbmonosylabik wrote:15+ page thread
Im coming to mexico in March, how much would a flight from Mexico City to Cancun Coast?

mikemc

Re: U.S to Attack Iran

Post by mikemc » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:43 pm

woodwardjnr wrote:Seeing as this is about a 70% likelyhood, how will the American population respond.
what makes you think this?
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.

woodwardjnr

Post by woodwardjnr » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:47 pm

mikemc wrote:
woodwardjnr wrote:Seeing as this is about a 70% likelyhood, how will the American population respond.
It was in the newspaper today http://www.independent.co.uk/ .Plus more ships sent to the gulf and an increase of forces in Iraq. However, i'd imagine israil will carry out the dirty work.

kabuki

Post by kabuki » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:57 pm

I don't see it happening this time. Bu$h lost the confidence of America and congress. No one believes that Iran is doing what the Regime says it is doing. Congress won't support it. America won't support it.

Only if Bu$h calls for a "military action" will anything happen without Congressional concent. He can't declare war without Congressional concent, and none of those assholes want the blood of another Iraq on their hands.

They are out of cash, time and support.
15" PB 2.5 Ghz, 4 Gig RAM, 750 GB HD, Live 9 still no cue points or program change messages?!?. Doesn't do shit.

Novel

Post by Novel » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:58 pm

Time to GTFO

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:01 pm

woodwardjnr wrote:
mikemc wrote:
It was in the newspaper today http://www.independent.co.uk/ .Plus more ships sent to the gulf and an increase of forces in Iraq. However, i'd imagine israil will carry out the dirty work.
It is not totally beyond the realm of possibility, but I'd say that is a very heavily 'spun' news article. I think the general take on the 'news' that the Iranian gov't is harboring terrorists and providing insurgents with explosives is "well, yeh, d'uh, and btw Syria too". Sanctions on Iran are just now getting applied, also.
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.

capta1nA

Post by capta1nA » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:04 pm

Personally, I think I would have a hard time getting any work done because I'd be too upset. It would probably be the thing to make me start calling my congress critters.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:06 pm

kabuki wrote:I don't see it happening this time. Bu$h lost the confidence of America and congress. No one believes that Iran is doing what the Regime says it is doing. Congress won't support it. America won't support it.

Only if Bu$h calls for a "military action" will anything happen without Congressional concent. He can't declare war without Congressional concent, and none of those assholes want the blood of another Iraq on their hands.

They are out of cash, time and support.
While you're right on all accounts, none of that would stop Bush.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

woodwardjnr

Post by woodwardjnr » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:09 pm

capta1nA wrote:Personally, I think I would have a hard time getting any work done because I'd be too upset. It would probably be the thing to make me start calling my congress critters.
Well it would certainly be the biggest disaster of the 21st Centuary, like we need another one. Still George Galloway seems to think its almost certainly going to happen and he's usually right.

Enots

Post by Enots » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:38 pm

It's very possible.

Remember Bush said we would not attack Iraq and a few months later was shock and awe, a well planned millitary operation.

We're being public w/ our condemnation of Iran because we want to show how we are open to public checking of our facts after the whole debacle w/ no WMDs in Iraq even though we said there was solid proof.

I don't think there will be a massive ground strike, but it is possible to do an air attack on Iran. Why do you think the Pentagon is stopping the auctioning of old F-14 Tomcat parts? Because they're slipping into Iran and Iran's air force is still using F14's and the parts are aging and so they're getting their hands on US surplus. Why would the US care about old F14 parts from planes that are over 2 decades old? Surely they're not worried that F14's 10 years from now will pose some threat to us. Surely they're not thinking that in some large amount of years, already old jets will be in any formadable shape to affect F22 Raptors in air battle. Not a chance! It's obviously a short term move to stifle an aging fleet of F14 jets in Iran possibly in prep for an air only assault on Iran. Missiles fired from navy vessels on the shore, and us jets above. Israel will probably be in on it. In fact, we may wait until it's just the right timing (i.e. aggression from Iran to Isreal), and jump in to defend our ally as the smokescreen for an attack on Iran.

The fact that we're in Iraq this long in connection to bin laden is enough to lets me know that the public isn't the best litmus test as to where we will be millitarily. Saying the US people won't allow an Iran attack is a moot point. If the population can be convinced on Iraq (a place with absolutely no ties to bin laden or 911), they can also be persuaded on Iran. Iran was more of a realistic threat to us and our allies than Iraq ever was.
Christ Jesus is King
www.tonystonebeats.com