Beat Slicer Recommendations....

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Damon Heim

Beat Slicer Recommendations....

Post by Damon Heim » Sun Nov 30, 2003 10:32 am

Heyo, I am running Live 3, and have come to the conclusion that a loop slicer VST, such as Recycle or Phatmatic, is in order. Can anyone share their experiences with sample and loop slicer programs? I have heard that Phatmatic is very efficient... But what programs have you "Live Be's" found to be most helpful and effective? Your wisdom is much appreciated.

Blessings,
Damon 8O
Lotsa Stuff

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 30, 2003 11:52 am

beat creator will eat recycle and phatmatik for lunch, and it cost less

http://www.beatcreator.com/English/frames.html

Damon Heim

Thanks....

Post by Damon Heim » Sun Nov 30, 2003 9:12 pm

I will check it out....
Lotsa Stuff

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 01, 2003 12:42 am

trust me, i've got all three and some others, but beatcreator beats them hands down in features and simplicity

Per Boysen

Post by Per Boysen » Mon Dec 01, 2003 12:55 am

Read the BeatCreator spec's at the site. Some powerful stuff in there. Anyone heard if a mac version is in the pipeline?
(these days I try to buy only software I can use on both platforms)
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
http://www.perboysen.com

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 01, 2003 1:07 am

you know what thats a good point, about the crossplatform stuff, don't know if they will do it though, they've talked about it before but whether it'll really happen is another story, if you look on their home page and click
on the 'whats coming up news' they talk about making version 2 as if it depends on whether they're going to get up or stay in bed, they're definitely some lazy m/fs I guess its a good thing that what they do make is very good quality I use beatcreator every day and i'll be glad when ableton adds two more edit buttons to the clipviews so I can assign one of them to beatcreator, one to wavelab, and one to kontakt or something.

warabunga

Post by warabunga » Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:01 pm

yeah man..
first make beat creator 4 mac!
then let ableton make these buttons!!!!

ideas ideas ideas...

yo yo