Lamb use Live

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
FORMAT

Lamb use Live

Post by FORMAT » Sun Nov 30, 2003 12:45 pm

HI

for anyone who's interested: Just found an interesting quote from Lamb's Andy on his usage of Live at http://www.lambstar.net/news/+newalbumt ... ntent.html:

Andy:
Darkness evolved out of an old suitcase where I store all the data from our previous albums. I was fooling around with some strings recorded at Abbey Road and left over from ‘Written in Your Name’, playing with some software called Ableton Live which makes audio elastic and bends it. Ableton allows the track to leap from 20bpms to 150bpms and for the string parts keep going without it sounding too weird. I forgot about it for a month then played it to Lou and it reminded her of a poem she’d written. I’ve been up for the idea of doing spoken word on a track for ages now but Lou doesn’t like her talking voice – I had to literally bribe and bully her to do the whispering part on ‘Cotton Wool’ – but this time we built the dynamic around the voice and filtered it. We’ve never written a track like that before. It was really exciting.

Cheers

frmt

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:26 pm

ableton is also credited in the album booklet

cheers
michael

astromass

laaaaamb

Post by astromass » Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:20 am

lamb is fucking dope...just wish i could get the 2 last releases in the us without paying and arm/leg. =)
nyquist theorem and nyquil...

muser

Re: Lamb use Live

Post by muser » Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:19 am

Always interesting to see who's been using Live in interesting ways, especially established performers.

FORMAT

Re: laaaaamb

Post by FORMAT » Wed Dec 03, 2003 1:04 pm

astromass wrote:lamb is fucking dope...just wish i could get the 2 last releases in the us without paying and arm/leg. =)
Yes I agree, arent they amazing? The first album is still my favourite; I do love What Sound and the new one as well.
Believe it or not, Lamb are actually the only "electronic" band that provoke very strong emotions in me when I listen. Sure, others make me dance (at least my brain :-) ), but the feeling in some of Lamb's songs is just incredibly intense.

janklug

Post by janklug » Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:34 pm

...also fantastic live concert at this year's LOWLANDS festival (holland)!

speaking about electric emotion : goldfrapp did that trick on me, twice!
those bastards :wink: