To .asd or not to .asd?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
victhrill

To .asd or not to .asd?

Post by victhrill » Mon Dec 01, 2003 5:05 am

Is it better to have "create analysis files" on or off? Opinions from the experts?

mazingerph

Re: To .asd or not to .asd?

Post by mazingerph » Mon Dec 01, 2003 5:23 pm

sometimes some loops arent edited or looped properly when it loads so you have to edit/define the warp points right? if you save the settings for the loop it creates an .asd file for future reference.

it's better to have "create analysis files" on , that way if youre using the same clip in another Live session all the warp points are still intact and you dont have to do it all over again. besides it's a small file only like 16K. :D
victhrill wrote:Is it better to have "create analysis files" on or off? Opinions from the experts?

14 Monkeys in Prostration

Post by 14 Monkeys in Prostration » Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:12 pm

So, if I'm working on a composition and I choose to not save the .asd files, when it reloads it won't retain any of my warp changes - or does the .asd only come into play when loading that loop into another composition (i.e. is the analysis information saved with the song AND within the .asd, meaning the real benifit only comes into play when loading loops between compositions/songs/whatever)?

mazingerph

Post by mazingerph » Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:38 pm

if u chose not to save the .asd files, the warp settings are still saved, but only with and for the song itself. if u load that same clip to another set, it will load with the default warp settings, not the ones u previously edited.

Acid files u can probably go without saving the .asd files because they contain already have the tempo and are edited correctly, it will loop correctly even without setting the warp markers.

if im incorrect everyone plese feel free to correct me!

14 Monkeys in Prostration wrote:So, if I'm working on a composition and I choose to not save the .asd files, when it reloads it won't retain any of my warp changes - or does the .asd only come into play when loading that loop into another composition (i.e. is the analysis information saved with the song AND within the .asd, meaning the real benifit only comes into play when loading loops between compositions/songs/whatever)?