rewire pro tools to live 6.01

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
toffgarte

rewire pro tools to live 6.01

Post by toffgarte » Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:16 pm

i do have pro tools with a whole only audio project(no midi) and I would like to export or link live 6.01 and mix the whole audio project in live (reverse is no problem cause i can receive audio in pro tools from ableton). I can bounce every single channelstrip and paste it into live but with 30 audiochannels it's a lot work to do and takes long time. Is it possible to rewire live with pro tools so that pro tools sends audio to live? I can not find info in the manual...anybody knows if this is possible or an alternative solve this?

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:16 am

upgrade to 6.0.5 first of all. other than that I don't have an answer, but 6.0.1 was really really buggy.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

stinky

Post by stinky » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:18 am

you have to export the audio files one by one, because PT can't be a rewire slave.
The Talented Mr Stinky.

Live Racks Abe-Wiki

toffgarte

Post by toffgarte » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:30 am

thanks for the quick replys, thought that will be lot of work. :-)

Do you think that mixing , exporting etc in live has the same quality compared to pro tools DAW (because of the bouncing in real time thing etc)?
I am only asking because working in live is much more easier for me than in pro tools. Even live is much more self explaining and has a better oversight. What do you think?

stinky

Post by stinky » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:34 am

you should do what you feel. If you think you can make it sound better in Live and it's easier for you, don't waste time importing exporting etc.. if you think live won't give you the quality you're looking for, then use both.
The Talented Mr Stinky.

Live Racks Abe-Wiki

mike holiday

Post by mike holiday » Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:31 pm

live works with sdII files, so you wont need to bounce.. unless you are bouncing effects to the audio files...

you can also write the effects to the audio files in PT and export from the audio bin...which sould be faster then doing a real time bounce of each track from PT.
dual 1.8 G4 10.4.9 w/768 ram & A&H xone 3D

"I ain't often right but I've never been wrong"