new NIN april 17

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
glu

new NIN april 17

Post by glu » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:59 am

year zero- A dark concept album.. check it out

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/155247 ... ails.jhtml

two new tracks on NIN's myspace
http://www.myspace.com/nin

I'm excited!
no prevailing genre of music:
http://alonetone.com/glu

hacktheplanet

Post by hacktheplanet » Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:27 am

Funny, I was JUST about to post a thread about my TR fanboyism.

From nin.com:

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck. Looks like they are rocking xone:3d in the first pic, and then some massive console in the second (I'm counting 64 channels + sends/returns?). At nin.com there are lots more in-studio pics from the With Teeth production. I would give (almost) anything just to be able to sit in on some of the sessions at that studio and watch the production process. I'd be entertained for hours and hours. *sigh*

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:36 am

pity about the new material

Action Jackson

Post by Action Jackson » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:50 am

My Violent Heart seemed very promising. A very cool track! I'm really looking forward to the new album and also the DVD that'll be released quite soon... And the NIN gig in April! Already got tickets for it. :D

ploy

Post by ploy » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:19 am

what a waster. until 8 years ago i really was a hardest core fan of them for a long time, but when fragile was a little shock, the follow ups nearly destroyed all that was. those new songs are as the last album was just banal shit, no surprise, no dramatics, no idea-loaden escape into fragmentals - just flat producers crap. he should do drugs again instead of fuckin wellness.

ploy

Post by ploy » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:22 am

blubb.

mechcon

Post by mechcon » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:17 pm

meh, after hearing that nin blatantly rips off skinny puppy (who been around longer and produced more than nin) and the fact that ohgr's work is more appealing to me...

I'm kind of over nin when i turned 18 :P

Also when I first got into industrial music, I was given The Fragile.. I gave it back to my mate and said "you got anything better?" so a compilation cd with kmfdm, skinny puppy, spk, throbbing gristle, clock dva, etc etc sold me to learn about the TRUE concept of industrial music

Many of those bands influenced my work, and still does!
iMac 2.16GHz, MacBookPro 2.4GHz, OS10.5.4, Logic Studio, Live6.0.10, Reason4, Presonus Firebox, EvoMK429c, BehringerUMX25, Korg PadKontrol, NovationRemoteSL0.

http://www.mechanisedconvulsions.com

Novel

Post by Novel » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:23 pm

Played out

ploy

Post by ploy » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:53 pm

mechcon wrote:meh, after hearing that nin blatantly rips off skinny puppy (who been around longer and produced more than nin) and the fact that ohgr's work is more appealing to me...

I'm kind of over nin when i turned 18 :P

Also when I first got into industrial music, I was given The Fragile.. I gave it back to my mate and said "you got anything better?" so a compilation cd with kmfdm, skinny puppy, spk, throbbing gristle, clock dva, etc etc sold me to learn about the TRUE concept of industrial music

Many of those bands influenced my work, and still does!
and most of that are boring as hell. the "true" concept of industrial, wow, your mommy would be proud. nine inch nails made no secret of the idea combining psychedelic, wave, industrial, avantgarde and catchy pop in an unique way and they did really great on "the downward spiral", which just fucks up mostly all your stupid influences. kmfdm for example is just a bad joke for ugly kids, even the highly acclaimed throbbing gristle are more overrated than interesting. skinny puppy have a few good tracks, but their last releases are shitty. spk?? get pampered.

Qnnilson

Post by Qnnilson » Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:06 pm

:)

Rogue Scrunt

Post by Rogue Scrunt » Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:08 pm

I hate throbbing gristle.

My friend made me listen to the whole boxed set in one sitting.

I wanted to check in to the state mental hospital, it was so bad.
for lots of great records, check out,
http://stores.ebay.com/id=64360994?ssPageName=ME:F:ST

Digi V

Post by Digi V » Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:38 pm

the new single SurvivaliSUM is up on their myspace, and the official leaked version is out floating around with my violent heart.

i've been a NIN fan since broken, i loved that album,i liked TDS a lot, and i thought the Fragile could have been the best if it wasn't so bloated.

howeveer, With Teeth sucked balls, i thought that was gonna be a one time shot for trent and that he'd change his ways, NOPE.

Survivialisum might be the worst song ever released by the guy, seriously, and my violent heart sounds like a drum pattern someone here posted before lmao.

the days of being "oh man, i wish i created that" in reference to nine inch nails is loooooong gone.

thank god Skinny Puppy's Mythmaker is solid gold or else this year would have been a huge disappointement
Last edited by Digi V on Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

glu

Post by glu » Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:39 pm

Qnnilson wrote:Image

:)
looks like he's playing with Live and a VSTi in that pic
no prevailing genre of music:
http://alonetone.com/glu

mcconaghy

Post by mcconaghy » Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:47 pm

Digi V wrote:the new single SurvivaliSUM is up on their myspace, and the official leaked version is out floating around with my violent heart.

i've been a NIN fan since broken, i loved that album,i liked TDS a lot, and i thought the Fragile could have been the best if it wasn't so bloated.

howeveer, With Teeth sucked balls, i thought that was gonna be a one time shot for trent and that he'd change his ways, NOPE.

Survivialisum might be the worst song ever released by the guy, seriously, and my violent heart sounds like a drum pattern someone here posted before lmao.

the days of being "oh man, i wish i created that" in reference to nine inch nails is loooooong gone.

thank god Skinny Puppy's Mythmaker is solid gold or else this year would have been a huge disappointement
Hmmm, I felt the exact opposite. With every album Trent seemed to become more pompous and overblown that it became less and less appealing. With Teeth was the first NIN album to really grab me since Broken, and I had thought that The Fragile had scared me off for good - so disoriented and more prog-rock than anything else. The new tracks are, IMO, brilliant.

Digi V

Post by Digi V » Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:02 pm

mcconaghy wrote:
Digi V wrote:the new single SurvivaliSUM is up on their myspace, and the official leaked version is out floating around with my violent heart.

Hmmm, I felt the exact opposite. With every album Trent seemed to become more pompous and overblown that it became less and less appealing. With Teeth was the first NIN album to really grab me since Broken, and I had thought that The Fragile had scared me off for good - so disoriented and more prog-rock than anything else. The new tracks are, IMO, brilliant.
thats crazy.

the chorus in these tracks are freaking terrible, they are goofy, lame, and sometimes they come off as some kind of twisted cover of YMCA.

at least when The Hand That Feeds came out it was catchy, these tracks aren't even mainstream friendly... they are just bad. seems totally effortless on his part