how good is Ozone?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 22, 2003 2:46 pm

wallwart= big plug

i think it can also run on batteries, can it not?

what's a wall whart ?

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:47 pm

that's common slang for this pest of more or less tiny, more or less weighty ac/dc transformers the world nowadays needs for its more electrically demanding gadetry - like, uh?, most USB-Audio interfaces...

the dur

Post by the dur » Wed Dec 24, 2003 5:05 pm

after months of considering i finally purchased an ozone for myself for christmas

should be arriving this afternoon

if anyone else is in the market novamusik.com has the best price on these i've seen in the US

init_program

Post by init_program » Thu Dec 25, 2003 2:20 pm

it's has a 2 out,so i can monitor it and send it to master?

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 25, 2003 3:34 pm

it has a headphone out for monitoring, and also a pair of 1/4" outs (left and right)

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 25, 2003 4:40 pm

ok thx i'll buy it tomorrow

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 26, 2003 4:05 pm

can you use the two inputs discretely in live?
i recently got an ozone and it works great, but i can't set one track to the xlr and the other to the 1/4"trs. otherwise it works great.
but am i missing something?

astromass

4sale

Post by astromass » Fri Dec 26, 2003 4:38 pm

sorry to post here, but i have a mint ozone in the original box. PM me if interested. i'm selling it for $175 USD plus shipping. thanks, +()Dd
nyquist theorem and nyquil...

kpop

ozone

Post by kpop » Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:15 pm

As regards Ozone, be warned that it does not work with NEC chipset USB controllers (found in e.g. many Compaq models; check the Device Manager), Intel is fine. kpop

Re: ozone

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 29, 2003 10:41 am

kpop wrote:As regards Ozone, be warned that it does not work with NEC chipset USB controllers (found in e.g. many Compaq models; check the Device Manager), Intel is fine. kpop
Hello,

can you or someone confirm this ?
Any compaq users ?

Thanks

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:06 pm

sorry i should have looked beforee i posted the other thread as there is already one for ozone here :)

i like the look of ozone but if it is a true standalone i would need a monitor out - can you configure the headphone separately?

cheers

Re: Ozone

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 31, 2003 10:50 pm

nickmaxwell wrote:Just to update you, I got a new Ozone and it works flawlessly now. I guess I just had a lemon before. My Ozone is indispensable for my live dark ambient sets. I use the knobs to control track volumes, and the keys to trigger clips in Live. Then I use an XL-7 as another MIDI controller to tweak the clips out with the crazy Live effects. Assign your keyboard keys to oneshots and whatever else, and you have a really tweakable, portable setup.

- Nick
How did you figure out how to program your Ozone to work various controls in Live? I don't have a manual for Live (yet), so I'm in the dark.

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 31, 2003 10:53 pm

click on the midi button in the upper right
click on a control
twist a knob or press a key on the ozone and it is assigned to that control.
click the midi button again to use live

latency?

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:46 pm

i'm seriously thinking of buying one at the moment i'm using a friends firewire 4/10 and the latency is very good for doing live recording of vox and gtr.

I really like the look of ozone and the 'all in one approach' can someone please tell me what the latency is like on the ozone (being usb n all)????

cheers

arar

Post by arar » Sun Jan 04, 2004 7:24 pm

I dont think you can prelisten using the ozone...Im having difficultly mapping the ozone to live functions, the instructions from live and m audio dont seem to be helping..any comments please, thanks