Finding Tempo (remix issues)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Dick Bagel

Finding Tempo (remix issues)

Post by Dick Bagel » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:45 am

Lets say i want to remix a track that is only guitar and vocals, no drums, how do i find the original tempo to the track, i cant figure out how. like i understand the warp controls and all that, i just cant figure out the original tempo to the song i want to remix

stutter

Post by stutter » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:51 am

start the song, count the beats for 30 seconds, divide by 30 gives you a rough bpm. Set that as the tempo in Ableton, play the song unwarped with the metronome on , adjust the tempo until the metronome is clicking about right. Or try a pbm counter like the free mixmeister one on their page (pc only I think), although it might not work so well with a song like you describe.

Dick Bagel

Post by Dick Bagel » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:53 am

like here is the deal i got a drum track i made, and it goes with the song for about 20 seconds, then it starts to get off a little bit, like i can guess the tempo relatively well, cause i had it sync up very nicely, i think what my situation is, because its an acoustic track, than its not perfect time so it would never sync up all the way threw. but maybe im wrong.

glysigakis

Post by glysigakis » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:52 am

i can give a try sync them for you.just give me the samples

pepezabala

Post by pepezabala » Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:39 pm

Another way would be to set up another channel, and record on it how you tap along to the song. If you tap on the 2 and the 4 of the beats, then you can use this as a reference for warping.