OT: 9/11 - many reports of wtc7 collapse BEFORE IT HAPPENS!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Thinktanx

Post by Thinktanx » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:47 am

A little OT, but this is a video I thought some of you guys might be interested in. It's called 'Before You Enlist', and is about the flip side of Army life. I supposed if one young musician on this site who is thinking of joining up sees it and reconsiders their options, it will be worth posting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fkkdoDOIJM

You guys think I should start a new thread for it?
Machinedrum SPS-1 UW MkII, Monomachine SFX-6
Moog Voyager Signature Edition
Virus TI Polar
Live 8, Operator, Sampler
Reaktor 5, Massive, FM8, Sound Toys Bundle
Pro Tools 7.4
Mac G5 Dual 2.5 GHz
Macbook Pro 15-in. 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

noborders

Post by noborders » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:22 am

Thinktanx wrote:Even the briefest look at the facts shoots holes through every conspiracy theory out there. I've read them all, and the facts refuting them. I was at first drawn into some of the conspiracy vids, but the facts just don't lie. I am far from a GWB supporter. There is no doubt that the administration used 9/11 to influence the citizens of the US to get behind the Iraq War, which is utterly deplorable.
You dismiss everything that's labeled a conspiracy theory regarding this topic, yet you say there is "no doubt" that the US government tricked its people into going to war? That is a conspiracy theory.
Thinktanx wrote: I was on the streets protesting the war, were you?
Yeah. And made a documentary about it:
http://www.archive.org/details/we_interrupt_this_empire

Thinktanx

Post by Thinktanx » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:59 pm

noborders wrote:
Thinktanx wrote:Even the briefest look at the facts shoots holes through every conspiracy theory out there. I've read them all, and the facts refuting them. I was at first drawn into some of the conspiracy vids, but the facts just don't lie. I am far from a GWB supporter. There is no doubt that the administration used 9/11 to influence the citizens of the US to get behind the Iraq War, which is utterly deplorable.
You dismiss everything that's labeled a conspiracy theory regarding this topic, yet you say there is "no doubt" that the US government tricked its people into going to war? That is a conspiracy theory.
Actually, that's not a theory. That's an opinion. I never said anyone 'tricked' anybody. It is my opinion that they preyed upon people's fears. And they continue to do so.

Second, I don't 'dismiss' anything. Like I said, I've done the research. Looked at things from both sides. There is an avalanche of eyewitnesses, experts in ballastics, demolition, structural engineers, pilots, forensics, etc., who all line up behind the generally accepted perception of what happened that day. The CTists have not a single expert anywhere to back up their claims. Why can't they get one structural engineer or controlled demolition expert, just one, to back up their claims about what happened to the WTC?

I'm gonna check out your documentary now. January 18, 2003, seemed like such an amazing day for public protest and demonstration. Amazing, how it just meant nothing, in the end, for poicy. But I am still glad we have that symbol of resistance. I was in San Francisco that day too.
Virus TI Polar
Pro Tools 7.4
Mac G5 Dual 2.5 GHz

Thinktanx

Post by Thinktanx » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:03 pm

And noborders, since I think you and I are on somewhat of the same page, at least concerning the war. Check out these George Monbiot articles concerning the 9/11 conspiracies, and their adjunct effect on other more important causes.

http://www.monbiot.com/archives/2007/02 ... #more-1041

http://www.monbiot.com/archives/2007/02 ... #more-1043
Virus TI Polar
Pro Tools 7.4
Mac G5 Dual 2.5 GHz

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:53 pm

I'd bet that even if it was proven that the US government was behind 9/11, the PNAC people would argue that the government had to do it to get the people behind the war effort that is so essential to them - for the "good of the world".... and I bet a good 20% of the population would eat it up too...