say it loud: FADERFOX NATIVE SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
SubQ

say it loud: FADERFOX NATIVE SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by SubQ » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:16 pm

FF users around, UNITE!

Quoting Mathias from Faderfox:
hi rodrigo,
unfortunately no news regarding the native support.
I asked the abes many times.....I don't know why they think about it so long
time.
btw they will sell all my live controllers in the ableton shop
cheers
mathias
it's so unfair makes me sick.

coelho
http://soundcloud.com/coelho
Dave Smith Prophet 08 SE, Genelecs, RME Multiface, Faderfoxes, Doepfer Drehbank, Padkontrol, DIY Footcontroller, Electro Harmonix Pedals.

itook4lefts

Post by itook4lefts » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:46 pm

that's a bit dark. i don't own a faderfox, but i'd sure like one. how can they support stuff like oxy8s but not faderfox? come on!

SubQ

Post by SubQ » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:06 pm

yeah...
a disrespect to thousands of high end users and mostly to the best live controller manufacturer around, IMO.

someone from ableton could at least give some motif for this unbearable waiting.

coelho
Dave Smith Prophet 08 SE, Genelecs, RME Multiface, Faderfoxes, Doepfer Drehbank, Padkontrol, DIY Footcontroller, Electro Harmonix Pedals.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:29 pm

You can make your own templates for ANY controller, so Ableton already supports these.

http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic. ... hlight=txt

SubQ

Post by SubQ » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:36 pm

I don't want to customize each use for my foxes, but use the instant mapping for tweak the main parameters any highlighted device. No time for writing every function, very narrowing IMO...

I understand the benefits of User Configuration.txt, but I won't compare it with the wholeness of instant mapping.

shiba_dad

Post by shiba_dad » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:46 pm

+1 here :!:
PC XP pro SP2, dual Xeons
Live 6, Sonar 6PE
Access Virus TI, Rapture,Albino3,z3ta+,wulkistation

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:49 pm

SubQ wrote:I don't want to customize each use for my foxes, but use the instant mapping for tweak the main parameters any highlighted device. No time for writing every function, very narrowing IMO...

I understand the benefits of User Configuration.txt, but I won't compare it with the wholeness of instant mapping.
Ummm it IS automapping, rtfm.

Caveat Emptor.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

iamnotcool

Post by iamnotcool » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:20 pm

looking thru the manual, I cant find the section where this is discussed, nor do Live's lessons make any mention of user-created automappings.

Am i just not looking in the right place? I also cant find the applicable .txt file anywhere on my mac.
15" Macbook Pro C2D, Live 6, Remote Zero SL
Click here for my tunes!

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:25 pm

iamnotcool wrote:looking thru the manual, I cant find the section where this is discussed, nor do Live's lessons make any mention of user-created automappings.

Am i just not looking in the right place? I also cant find the applicable .txt file anywhere on my mac.
Yes, you are correct.

Check the .txt files in the Resources directory in the Ableton Program directory. I might not be understanding the request though.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

iamnotcool

Post by iamnotcool » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:33 pm

thanks Tone Deft, found the files.

now to figure out how to coax Live into allowing my trigger finger to change banks. the "best of" automaps are only worth while for live smaller devices. operator, resonator, etc. leave much to be desired in terms of automaps.
Click here for my tunes!

John Sweet

Post by John Sweet » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:14 am

That automap .txt is beside the point.

Faderfox should get the BEST possible treatment of any Live controller. Mackie, Frontier Design, Novation, and M-Audio all got preferential treatment before other manufacturers. Some still enjoy features written into Live that only their controllers can make use of.

In the meantime, Ableton expands support to all manner of craptastic made-in-China wastes of plastic, and does nothing for Faderfox. Faderfox started out supporting Live users only, and continues to make us the top priority. No other hardware manufacturer can say that even now.

iamnotcool

Post by iamnotcool » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:21 am

I didnt even know there were so many people with faderfoxes. The lack of USB plug & play connectivity and high pricepoint is a huge turnoff for a lot of people. the small userbase may be a big reason why the abes' priorities are elsewhere.
Click here for my tunes!

robin

Post by robin » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:22 pm

iamnotcool wrote:I didnt even know there were so many people with faderfoxes. The lack of USB plug & play connectivity and high pricepoint is a huge turnoff for a lot of people. the small userbase may be a big reason why the abes' priorities are elsewhere.
Most audio interfaces come with midi and if not a usb->midi cable costs almost nowt.

I think the userbase is quite big but then again I'm a European.

Come on Abes.

SubQ

Post by SubQ » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:54 pm

exactly the point, John.

mrweasel

Post by mrweasel » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:44 pm

Yeah. Im sick of asking this now.
I WONT upgrade to Live 6 until this is achieved.