Feedback on mix appreciated

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Rx

Feedback on mix appreciated

Post by Rx » Tue Apr 30, 2002 2:58 am

Folks,

I've posted my 2nd mix using Live at DrLaszlo.net - you'll have to click to open a pop-up window, from which you can download the 60mb mp3. It's more of a traditional dj mix as I'm still working on making loops and tracks, but there is one original song that's in full effect around the 47 minute mark.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Rx

PS Two of the tracks in the mix are by Ableton's own Christian Kleine!
Last edited by Rx on Tue Apr 30, 2002 8:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

davemanning

I like it!

Post by davemanning » Tue Apr 30, 2002 1:23 pm

Rx:

How'd you go about putting it together?

Dave
---
Dave Manning

Rx

Post by Rx » Tue Apr 30, 2002 2:55 pm

I basically created warp points every 4 or 8 bars, then set up the tracks for each song, with multiple copies of a song per track. I had different points in each song looped, depending on how much of the song I was going to use. Having multiple loop or cue points in the songs would have been a godsend (hint hint Ableton!), but this was a simple workaround. I didn't use the scenes as Ableton planned, including for my own song, but I anticipate doing that in the future as I work towards improvising at least half of my set with original material.

I wanted to create the set with headphone monitoring, but my interface (Emagic 2|6) was not cooperating. I wasn't sure if it was a driver problem with XP or not, and I won't know until I have another computer to play with, thanks to Emagic's lack of support. Instead, I decided ahead of time what the sequence of songs was going to be because I wanted to adjust the pitches for a better mix. My track, which kicks in around the 47th minute, was sequenced on the fly, which was a lot of fun.

Some of the songs I had on cd, and some I don't have on cd yet, so I either ripped the waves or converted the mp3s to waves, compressing the final mix to account for dynamic differences.

Rx

Rx

Post by Rx » Sun May 05, 2002 11:21 pm

No feedback at all?

:(

*sniff*
Arp Laszlo
arphaus.com

Dell 6000d: 2.0ghz Pentium 760 | 1gb DDR2 ram
Echo Indigo DJ | Korg microKONTROL | faded black t-shirt emblazoned with 'Detroit' in gothic type

gringo

feeeedback

Post by gringo » Tue May 07, 2002 3:06 pm

salve
i listened to your set. sounds very interesting.
it would be my favourite mix for the next time.
i made also mixes in traktor. but traktor have problems to count the right bpm with very complex beats. i think i will try out your thing with live
looking forward to your next one.

Rx

Post by Rx » Tue May 07, 2002 3:10 pm

Thanks!

I tried Traktor as well, and I think it's a little silly to try to make you beatmatch with mp3s (especially with the automated 'pushing' and 'pulling'). Besides, you're limited to just 2 sources of sound like that. It was an interesting idea, but not nearly as revolutionary as Live.
Arp Laszlo
arphaus.com

Dell 6000d: 2.0ghz Pentium 760 | 1gb DDR2 ram
Echo Indigo DJ | Korg microKONTROL | faded black t-shirt emblazoned with 'Detroit' in gothic type

neepawa

Post by neepawa » Tue May 07, 2002 6:10 pm

Just listened to your set -- beautiful music!!! You can chill me out anytime!

neepawa

Post by Guest » Tue May 07, 2002 6:14 pm

Thanks! I look forward to having more original material in my next set!

casioaz1

Re: Feedback on mix appreciated

Post by casioaz1 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:06 pm

CPEREZZZ RULES !!!