Your opinons on guitar rig??

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
sparklepuff

Post by sparklepuff » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:12 pm

kramer wrote:
sparklepuff wrote: And it's MasterCard, fool.
Thanks for clearing that up. I'll have to watch more TV so I can be as smart as you.
I don't even have a TV. I just have this crazy knack for remembering things.
Guitar | Synths | Samplers | Ableton @ Phantogram & Big Grams

R.J.Dubya

Post by R.J.Dubya » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:15 pm

Wait, are we arguing that a guitar going into an amp and listened to from the amp speaker sounds better than an amp plug-in going through your DAW and out your monitors/headphones? Or are we arguing that a guitar going through an amp, mic'd at the amp speaker, recorded into a DAW , processed and mixed in a track sounds better than a guitar going straight into an amp plug-in, recorded, processed and mixed in a track?

If the former, well obviously. If the latter, the difference isn't always enough to justify the whole amp setup. By the time everything is recorded and treated with channel plugs, it can be pretty close.

But obviously if you're just sitting there rocking out with the guitar, the plug-in out your monitors will not compare to an actual tube amp. I hope that's not we're arguing about.
aka glitchrock-buddha
303 posts as Winston

Macbook pro C2D 2.16, Firepod, rubber band and a stick.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:18 pm

kramer wrote:
Tone Deft wrote: It's a pointless argument.
I thought I was on an internet forum?
Goddamn, you are correct sir!!
<ahem, clears throat>

You stupid mother fucker you have no fucking clue what you're talking about you probably can't play guitar in the first place. Take your piece of shit guitar back to Guitar Center so mommy can get her whoring money back. Fucking piece of shit you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about. You're just another dumbass with 3 power chords and a $2,000 amp, fucking waste of oxygen. Stupid fucking Eugene Oregon hippy, you don't need a fucking electric to play Kum-Bay-Yah during your fucking hippy music festivals. Go back to the bongos because you're a no good piece of shit. Fuck you, fuck your mother, fuck Jerry motherfucking Garcia. PM me and I'll send you a bar of soap and a change of clothes.

More like it?

kramer

Post by kramer » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:33 pm

sparklepuff wrote:
I don't even have a TV. I just have this crazy knack for remembering things.
Then why can't you remember what a good guitar tone sounds like? Are you like one of those savants or something?

R.J.Dubya

Post by R.J.Dubya » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:36 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
kramer wrote:
<ahem, clears throat>

More like it?
:lol: I didn't get it at first. Thought you were actually flying off the handle there for a second. 8O :lol:

Where was that link someone posted about the difference between internet conversations and real life conversations? It was a cartoon sort of thing with like power ranger type dudes... remember? This just reminded me of that.
Last edited by R.J.Dubya on Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aka glitchrock-buddha
303 posts as Winston

Macbook pro C2D 2.16, Firepod, rubber band and a stick.

kramer

Post by kramer » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:38 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
kramer wrote:
<ahem, clears throat>

You stupid mother fucker you have no fucking clue what you're talking about you probably can't play guitar in the first place. Take your piece of shit guitar back to Guitar Center so mommy can get her whoring money back. Fucking piece of shit you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about. You're just another dumbass with 3 power chords and a $2,000 amp, fucking waste of oxygen. Stupid fucking Eugene Oregon hippy, you don't need a fucking electric to play Kum-Bay-Yah during your fucking hippy music festivals. Go back to the bongos because you're a no good piece of shit. Fuck you, fuck your mother, fuck Jerry motherfucking Garcia. PM me and I'll send you a bar of soap and a change of clothes.
That was punk-rock. Thanks. You're 100% correct.
Tone Deft wrote: Image

More like it?
Hey.....I know that guy! That's Eugene-Dean!

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:20 am

kramer wrote:
Tone Deft wrote: Image
Hey.....I know that guy! That's Eugene-Dean!
:lol:
Why do I believe you??

It was supposed to be the Dead's favorite town to play in. Still laid back? Haven't been through there in 20 years.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:22 am

wow!

What a way to resurect this from the dead....... :roll:

Hey, some of us like GR2 and other emulators......it's certainly ok if someone doesn't.......but why is "one" way the only way?

kramer

Post by kramer » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:28 am

eyeknow wrote:wow!

Hey, some of us like GR2 and other emulators......
Yeah well....millions of people like stuff that sucks. It is your right to like ass-sucking-GR2 and other emulators that suck ass. They still suck.

Did I mention they suck?

They suck.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:47 am

kramer wrote:

Yeah well....millions of people like stuff that sucks. It is your right to like ass-sucking-GR2 and other emulators that suck ass. They still suck.

Did I mention they suck?

They suck.
ha! dude, you suck more...........who are you anyways....... :lol:

btw, didn't you get blacklisted for your tirade in a comedy club recently? Is that why you are so angry?

AND btw, how do you do your guitar parts? Hmmmmmmmm? (seriously, tell us how) :)

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:36 am

kramer wrote:

show me a track you've recorded with good guitar tone or shut the fuck up.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

Abzurd

Post by Abzurd » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:25 am

I love it.
HP Pavilion dv7 1.60GHz i7 Laptop, 4 gigs uh ram, 1.5TB external drive, M-Audio Ozonic.

Seyser Koze

Post by Seyser Koze » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:41 am

Yeeees. An argument. Any Godsquadders need a good earbashing?

But fwiw, I quite like GR2. Sure, the tone isn't like you can get through a nice tube amp, which is why I also have a nice tube amp.

Horses for courses.

When recording a track in Live I don't think you can beat the immediate accesibility of dial up tones and rigs afforded by GR2. At the touch of a button, easy.

Those who want to then dissect that track to criticise minor points about the guitar tone are just wasting my time.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:44 am

And that makes 628,456 to 1

I love me some GR2, and so do my clients :wink:

kramer

Post by kramer » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:51 pm

Johnisfaster wrote:
kramer wrote:

show me a track you've recorded with good guitar tone or shut the fuck up.
I don't even own an amp. I've recorded plenty of decent tracks with emulators (I use only freebies too) but I don't currently have any of my guitar music on line. As a matter of fact....I recently sold 90% of my guitar gear because I hurt my left thumb and it could be years before I can safely play again.

Anyway....when you make a challenge like that ....it's kind of lame that you don't point me to an example of your great tone that you get from GR2. Where is it?