Post your music!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
crt

Post by crt » Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:06 pm

Anonymous wrote:
crt wrote: You're right, it absolutely doesn't apply to hip hop because aside from Roots Manuva, no one in the UK can pull off decent hip hop. No one outside of the states can. Period. It's an American Black Thing. You wouldn't understand.

So go cry into your Streets t-shirt and fegg orrff!
I'm sure. But even then I think most of the idiots doing hip-hop these days don't even come close to capturing what was great about the originals - the days when the producers - like terminator x and afrika islam were integral parts of the whole thing - these days they just find a phrase from a song they like, steal it, stick a really ordinary uninspiring slow beat behind it and shout about how many bitches guns and cars they have. Real insult the the previous greats to even call it hip-hop.
Hear hear. I think so much commercial or big label hip hop is shite except for maybe outkast and defintiely Timbaland and Misssy Elliott.
As far as the no-one outside the states comment goes, some french hip-hop is the best I've heard.
I regret my original sweeping statement. I actually have heard some hiphop from outside the US that is quite good. But alot of English Language stuff is bunk. And there are of course alot of goood WHITE mc's. Myself included. :)

I haave had a shitty morning. I took it out here. I apologize.

And Derek B is still a bad young brother. :P
- / . c r t
---
www: http://www.crtdot.com
g3ar pron: PowerBook G4, 1.5GB RAM, LIVE 4, BCR 2000, PC1600X, Oxygen 8
MOTU 828mkii
your sister on my jock
---
+

crt

Post by crt » Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:15 pm

fsk wrote:www.flexagon.co.uk/yoursong.zip

there u go crt enjoy!!!!!!! only took me 10minutes!!!
:( javascript:emoticon(':oops:')

I stand bowed in shame before your unfathomable creative genius. I stand wholly humbled by the majesty of your work. tears stream down from my face in shame and spatter my keyboard as I type this.

How could I doubt your prowess? The phatness of your beats? The intensity of your deft sample placement? Your delicate touch with warpmarkers? Your handsome good looks? Your way with the ladies? Your mum in panties holding a pan of chips? Your dad the same way?

I quit music forever. I am going to sell off all my gear and go stalk Beckham and Posh.

My life is now meaningless.

All my base are belong to you...

Weepily,
- / . c r t
---
MOTU 828mkii
your sister on my jock
---
+

fsk

Post by fsk » Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:19 pm

lol :) sorry well if u call ur live set creative thats funny shit :P

its a piss take if u didnt get it :(

sorry :P i'll be nice from now on, shiny shiny tunes good so i cant really call u shit.

fsk

Post by fsk » Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:26 pm

actually i would continue calling u shit but i gotta go out sorry!!! was fun tho :D

crt

Post by crt » Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:35 pm

fsk wrote:actually i would continue calling u shit but i gotta go out sorry!!! was fun tho :D
S'awright. I took your lead andd wrote a song for you. I hope you like it. I did it while juggling AIM messages from your mum.

http://www.crtdot.com/hugs_and_kissses_fsk.mp3

Going off to yoga now. Enough bile for one day. :wink:
- / . c r t
---
MOTU 828mkii
your sister on my jock
---
+

fsk

Post by fsk » Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:53 pm

lol i love tht :D i love u now !!!!

fsk

Post by fsk » Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:58 pm

ok its like a dj battle now !!!! :twisted: has to be continued :( tonite!!! as i have to go and be pretentious myself and go do my black and white artistic photography class :)

tjwett

SUFFRAGE...

Post by tjwett » Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:12 pm

Can we please stop allowing women and children to post on these boards? This is getting ridiculous. I've never heard dudes carry on like such a bunch of girls. Maybe you guys should put on your nighties and settle this once and for all with a good old fashioned pillow fight. :(
Last edited by tjwett on Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alex Reynolds

Post by Alex Reynolds » Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:43 pm

Another track, it takes a minute or two to wind up to speed:

-- http://reynolds.bio.upenn.edu/Whirlidub.mp3

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:48 pm

fsk wrote:ok its like a dj battle now !!!! :twisted: has to be continued :( tonite!!! as i have to go and be pretentious myself and go do my black and white artistic photography class :)
YOU

are

ON!!!

Re: SUFFRAGE...

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:55 pm

tjwett wrote:Can we please stop allowing women and children to post on these boards? This is getting ridiculous. I've never heard dudes carry on like such a bunch of girls. Maybe you guys should put on your nighties and settle this once and for all with a good old fashioned pillow fight. :(
FSK wishes he made music like a girl. Andrea Parker or Mira Calix or Wndy Carlos can pul off better work than him in their sleep. :P
BTW fsk, you are being held responsible for setting this one off. the thread is called "Post Your Music" not "Get Dissed". grow up. no one took it upon them self to shit on your lame attempt at a Boards of Canada ripoff. if you don't have something nice to say...well, then go fuck yourself. and take it elsewhere. please :D
I just think it's funny now. I had the best time with that track. Wait until I expand it. :P

fsk

Post by fsk » Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:29 pm

chill out man :P i really dont mean it badly cos i do like his music i was just having a laugh, sorry crt , I think crt got the joke (hope) cos we did the whole music cussing thing hehe thought it was funny :D hehe

nice one, crt shiny shiny rules more of that please :<

Alex Reynolds

Post by Alex Reynolds » Tue Jan 20, 2004 12:07 am

FaX

Here's and old one of mine

Post by FaX » Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:34 am

This track is done with 100% Hardware MP-7&QY sequencers.
All sound sources are internal patches on the EMU ,a MicroQ,TG-33 programmed by me.
This damn thing took me 6 months to programme using a combination on step ,grid and realtime modes in linear song mode (whilst sequencing).
The end result thrown straight out to domestic CDR burner.
Have a Listen ...
Now you know why i wan't software like LIVE cause this sort of midi programming takes like you know forever :roll:

http://www.mp3.com.au/ZionMainframe

fsk

Post by fsk » Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:50 am

nice tune fax, also if thats u in the pic u could pass for freddie mercury! one of my heroes so I salute u sir!