NEW AKAI Controller MPK49

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
luzil

Re: NEW AKAI Controller MPK49

Post by luzil » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:02 pm

are the mpk25 pad appropriate enough for velocity sens drum programming? Im not interested in triggering clips with it. I hear only bad about its pads :roll:

bossyandrew

Re: NEW AKAI Controller MPK49

Post by bossyandrew » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:28 am

Nice....
Also in a word: Coooooooooool

h4nc0

Re:

Post by h4nc0 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:19 pm

dave999z wrote:I'm still very disappointed by the lack of automap support for slider banks B (9-16) and C (17-24). the reason it bugs me so much is because it is so incredibly awesome for bank A ( 1-8 ). i love being able to hit the track arm button and instantly control the instrument on that track, without touching the keyboard or mouse. I got a very long explanation from Ableton tech support about this limitation, but was not satisfied as to *why* this could not be addressed in an update. (Whether it's a high enough priority is another question. But the explanation I got is that it basically could not be done.) BTW, I know I can manually map slider banks B and C. That's not good enough - because if you do that, and then reorder your track columns in Ableton, the mapping is all screwed up. Automapping (as occurs for bank A) is smart in that if I swap the positions of tracks 4 and 5, slider 4 will now control what is in the new track 4 position.

Is there a solution to this behaviour? I just got MPK249 to replace APC40 (I don't use session view) and lack of automap for banks beyond A (1-8) is killing me. :?