Two Serious Problems- Plogue Bidule/ and Reason.. Need Help

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Mic-minimal

Two Serious Problems- Plogue Bidule/ and Reason.. Need Help

Post by Mic-minimal » Fri Dec 26, 2003 1:11 pm

ok first of all the Bidule problem.

1. I'm running Bidule, and Reason Simotaneously through rewire into Live
All I'm using Reason for is 'one instance of the redrum', and nothing else. I'm programing beats and I keep getting drop-outs while I'm recording (arming reasons sequencer and bangin out the beats with midi controller)
if it matters my controller is a remote 25.

is this because I'm rewiring both reason and bidule into live at the same time? my computer should be strong enough.

specs
amd xp2500
1gig ram
lots of harddrive space
remote 25

ok the second problem

2. I set loop points in reason and enabled the loop feature so the beat would play over and over, it's rewired into Live and since they're synced Lives loop function is enabled also but each time in Reason I play the drum sequence it plays til the end where it's suppose to loop and then it doesn't, in Live the loop amount seems to be different.
but

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:36 pm

:(

longjohns

Post by longjohns » Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:27 pm

i have had this problem (2) when rewiring reason and bidule when bidule is the master. the most recent time was when trying to get live, reason, bidule (for midi routing purposes only) and this tempo tracking program called intime running together. reason was skipping looping every other time.

i'm not sure if you are already doing this, but the situation you are describing should have live as the rewire master. be sure to select the bidule input device on a track before you start bidule, to make sure it goes into rewire slave mode.

are you trying to do something more complex with bidule, or just using it to get vsti's into live?

also, what version of live are you using? i think there were rewire problems between live and reason until maybe 2.0.3 (??)

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:59 pm

hey thanks for the reply longjohns, I'm just using bidule for vstis, and I'm running live as the master.. Live version 3.1.
sometimes reason trilogy, or atmosphere just stops playing while i'm bangin away on the controller, and then just comes back when its good and ready.

another thing I'm not sure if its related is that alot of times in atmosphere and trilogy the notes just stick and keep playing like I'm still holding down the keys, when that happens the only way to stop it is if I hit the panic button on the remote 25, then it stops and will play regular again.

if you've got some insights that would be great and if not thanks for the help anyway i appreciate it.

longjohns

Post by longjohns » Sun Dec 28, 2003 2:52 am

well, i was about to mention that someone else was having problems with that controller but now i guess that's you! ;-) er. i mean :-(

best luck