who's never used video?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

who's never used video?

at least once
26%
never
74%

Total votes: 174

peeddrroo

who's never used video?

Post by peeddrroo » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:34 pm

just wondering: the feature everybody requested... who's never used it?
i mean not just trying it, but actually doing something with it.

LOFA

Post by LOFA » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:54 pm

Video is very useful for me. I use it with Snapz, quicktime pro and IMovie to edit sports related footage in an MTV style. I am an avid footbag player. I would use it for more professional purposes if it had some more functions, esp. a render option.

longjohns

Post by longjohns » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:56 pm

I must admit I've never so much as tried it. I don't think I have a single .mov file on my music computer.

longjohns

Post by longjohns » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:58 pm

I have heard a very positive review however, from my cousin who scores commercials.

LOFA

Post by LOFA » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:22 pm

I just remembered- I used it in an installation. It was huge nuisance dragging off of one screen to another- which was a display of an image being projected. There was a glitch that made it difficult to gain control of the to dragging edge. It worked for displaying an animation through the arrangement page. The animation was small detail in the overall installation. Had it been a more crucial element more control would have been necessary. Overall I am glad to have had the option.

mike holiday

Post by mike holiday » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:11 pm

LOFA wrote:Video is very useful for me. I use it with Snapz, quicktime pro and IMovie to edit sports related footage in an MTV style. I am an avid footbag player. I would use it for more professional purposes if it had some more functions, esp. a render option.
are you good?? that stuff is amazing to me...

.. i juggle sticks (on fire)

i'v never even tried it..in fact i forgot you could load video into live.
dual 1.8 G4 10.4.9 w/768 ram & A&H xone 3D

"I ain't often right but I've never been wrong"

Klinikal

Post by Klinikal » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:46 pm

Never tried it, don't need it.

LOFA

Post by LOFA » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:48 pm

mike holiday wrote:
LOFA wrote:Video is very useful for me. I use it with Snapz, quicktime pro and IMovie to edit sports related footage in an MTV style. I am an avid footbag player. I would use it for more professional purposes if it had some more functions, esp. a render option.
are you good?? that stuff is amazing to me..... i juggle sticks (on fire) i'v never even tried it..in fact i forgot you could load video into live.
I'm pretty decent. Ten years ago I placed well in a competition. I was very good for the time. Now the sport has exploded and having taken some time off I am way behind a lot of the new talent. I am much better than I have ever been and I am growing rapidly. While I was at Penn state this weekend working on and interactive robotic/electronic-music/visual art, I had the chance to meet up with the current North American Title holder, who is becoming a good friend. I was able to get some great feedback and I am expecting to have some even greater improvement in the near future. I love this sport.

By clubmate also juggles fire, and is a very talented footbag player, breakdancer, etc. I feel that if you have the motor skills for one of these then you most likely have the skills for the others. David Clavens, the titleholder I was refering to, also Juggles, yoyo's and skateboards come to think of it. If you want to know more ideas about getting into the sport PM. Some good advice will go a long way as this sport has a neverending learning curve, but with the right guidance you can get some very quick results without causing major shin-splints, etc.

iamnotcool

Post by iamnotcool » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:48 pm

useless feature for me. I'm apalled that we got video import before a step sequencer midi device.
15" Macbook Pro C2D, Live 6, Remote Zero SL
Click here for my tunes!

D K

Post by D K » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:49 pm

the lack of render...
renders it useless :roll:
(i have actually done a few experiments with it though)

LOFA

Post by LOFA » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:53 pm

D K wrote:the lack of render...
cough...snapz... ahem

Though I agree that it's curious omission for a software that has frequent paid updates.

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:56 pm

LOFA wrote:
D K wrote:the lack of render...
cough...snapz... ahem

Though I agree that it's curious omission for a software that has frequent paid updates.
There is something called 'Total Recorder' for windows that is similar to snapz on mac, the Total Recorder Pro version can capture video: the video/audio quality from these sort of things, is it good?

mcconaghy

Post by mcconaghy » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:57 pm

Video? I haven't even tried the MP3 import function...

Rogue Scrunt

Post by Rogue Scrunt » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:05 pm

never have, never will.

BLAH....
for lots of great records, check out,
http://stores.ebay.com/id=64360994?ssPageName=ME:F:ST

D K

Post by D K » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:05 pm

i guess i should say....
that if i have to go outside the app that there are more functional options available.