Access Virus TI update (v2.03) - any luck?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
JJupiter

Access Virus TI update (v2.03) - any luck?

Post by JJupiter » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:31 pm

Hi guys,

Does any of you Access Virus TI owner updated yet. Did it fix the latency issues?

Truley hope so, could affect my GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) :-)

Cheers,
JJupiter

Actuel

Post by Actuel » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:35 pm

new update is working absolutely perfecto on my macbook pro + live 6. plus, the new richard devine soundset is sick, sick, sick.

btw, i never really had any major latency issues. i've had mine since late january (since 2.0.0) and its been great. you should really check out: http://www.virusti.com/forum/

sqook

Post by sqook » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:50 pm

This update unfortunately does not address the latency issues with live 6 having to do with MIDI recording. This is a problem with Live, not Virus Control.

Also, +1 to the new RD soundset. :)

supamonsta

Post by supamonsta » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:58 am

Hello,

the arp bugs seems to be fixed.

BUT I STILL GET AUDIO CRACKLES appearing sometimes when my set passes from "big" multi part sequence with arp's to minimalist kick + bass sequence...

Can't record to produce... since 1 year and a half!!!! GRRRRRRR :evil:

Has someone resolved this problem?

thanx

sqook

Post by sqook » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:42 am

monstrejumo wrote:Hello,

the arp bugs seems to be fixed.

BUT I STILL GET AUDIO CRACKLES appearing sometimes when my set passes from "big" multi part sequence with arp's to minimalist kick + bass sequence...

Can't record to produce... since 1 year and a half!!!! GRRRRRRR :evil:

Has someone resolved this problem?

thanx
What are your audio and plugin buffer sizes set to?

supamonsta

Post by supamonsta » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:29 am

my buffer size is 512. Sound REALLY crackles when set to other value.

plugin buffer is set to "as audio buffer".

CPU usage does not even reach 12%,

This bug seems linked to the "arps bug dimension", someone advised me to reset the TI (holding arp edit while powering on)...

any idea?

thanx

(macbook core2duo 2ghz, virus Ti desktop, live 6.05)

dmacintyre

Post by dmacintyre » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:37 am

monstrejumo wrote:my buffer size is 512. Sound REALLY crackles when set to other value.

plugin buffer is set to "as audio buffer".

CPU usage does not even reach 12%,

This bug seems linked to the "arps bug dimension", someone advised me to reset the TI (holding arp edit while powering on)...

any idea?

thanx

(macbook core2duo 2ghz, virus Ti desktop, live 6.05)
I sold my Ti but I do remember that if I configured Live to anything other than EXACTLY as per the Live tutorial document that is bundled with the TI installer, I got problems. Including setting the buffer to more than recommended in the tutorial (isn't it 128 or 256?).

D.
I invented coffee

parke02

Post by parke02 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:10 pm

Hey guys, question for those of you who aren't having any issues with 2.03 and Live..

Are you using Direct Monitoring for monitoring/recording?

If you turn off Direct Monitoring in the TI, is there a lot more latency when you play?

I understand the Direct Monitoring will avoid any extra latency incurred via USB, but when I open the TI in Sonar 6.2 or Reaper, both are unsupported hosts, I do NOT notice any more latency when playing the TI than any other internal synths.

Buffer setting is 128, plugin buffer set to "as audio buffer", Virus connected via USB only, using M-audio 24/96 as audio interface. I'm using Live demo version.

Access hasn't been much help. They told me to use direct monitoring, but I do not have a mixer or availble inputs on my audio interface. I figure if Live is a supported host the latency shouldn't be worse than Sonar or Reaper...

Sonar is my host, but there are other issues with TI and Sonar that make it unusable.