X-Session pro user?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
STRATEGY_510

Post by STRATEGY_510 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:34 pm

jez3122 wrote:when i 1st started using my Xsession the crossfader also went the wrong way, what you need to is when hover the mouse over the cross fader in Live to midi map it it shows up 1/17 but if you move it very slightly it will show another number 1/20 if i recall correctly. one of these numbers inverts the crossfader and one is the normal setting. it took me ages to figure this out
That's exactly what I thought his issue was too when he mentioned the inverted crossfader.

But I thought that weird bug was only on my unit...and yes, it can take awhile to figure out.

STRATEGY

AADJON

Post by AADJON » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:35 pm

Thank you., I will try that tonight.

AADJON

THANK YOU VERY, VERY MUCH

Post by AADJON » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:14 pm

Can you tell me what your set up is on the X-session pro. since you know how to use it, I will set it up like yours.

how can I use the pause/play key to pause and play a song in LIVE?

Thank you again. I thing I will be ready for my first gig soon.

jez3122

Post by jez3122 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:19 pm

Hi, i'm just finding my feet when it comes to DJing and spend most of my time making music.
as for using the pause/play key to operate the track you need to explore the clip launch window, you can open this window by double clicking the clipp and then clicking on the 'L' in the bottom L/H corner of the screen.there are different modes there for how the clip behaves when you launch it. i think if you put it in toggle mode and midi map the play/pause button to the clip launch button it should play and pause as you press it.
P.s. i'm not entirely sure of this as i'm not at my PC at the mo :wink:
Live 7.0.16, core 2 Quad 2.66ghz 4 gb ram,ESI U46SE,Vestax VCM-600, M-Audio Axiom 25,
evolution249c,Maudio Xpression pro, various guitars,Akai mpd16, NI intact,YamahaMSP3's,zoom323, a Ukulele and a Crate of Stella.

STRATEGY_510

Re: THANK YOU VERY, VERY MUCH

Post by STRATEGY_510 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:39 am

AADJON wrote:Can you tell me what your set up is on the X-session pro. since you know how to use it, I will set it up like yours.

how can I use the pause/play key to pause and play a song in LIVE
If by "play a song" you mean start a clip, the answer is no. I mean, its yes, but for DJing it can be a problem trying to map the X-session trasport controls to their intended use.

Stop, on the other hand, is not a problem as there's a track specific stop (but no track-specific play since there are multiple clips per track).

Don't make me give you my x-session template! It's nothing special..

STRATEGY

Tommy Bruise

Post by Tommy Bruise » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:39 am

the x session xfader uses multiple midi values so you can map it to 2 standard faders if your software does not have a xfader, you just have to move it slightly to get it to map to the correct value.

i thought it was stupid at first but after someone told me this i actually realised its quite clever