SHITE!!! - Virginia Tech 33 Dead (Vs 18,000 Dead)?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Patch
Posts: 2614
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 8:14 pm
Location: Bristol, UK

Post by Patch » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:32 am

Some people just like guns. (Not me though).

Lots of us would have played with toy guns as kids - and we thought they were cool then. But, as kids do, we got bored with the toys and stopped playing with 'em.

Guns scare the shit out of me. And they're becoming more prolific here in the UK.

Amberience
Posts: 967
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:09 am
Location: London, UK

Post by Amberience » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:35 am

Patch wrote:Some people just like guns. (Not me though).

Lots of us would have played with toy guns as kids - and we thought they were cool then. But, as kids do, we got bored with the toys and stopped playing with 'em.

Guns scare the shit out of me. And they're becoming more prolific here in the UK.
I don't believe they are becoming anymore prolific over here than they were 5 or 10 years ago.

leonard
Posts: 893
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:52 am
Location: ? ?

Post by leonard » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:41 am

guns are sexy shutup.

Image

Shoma
Posts: 709
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:20 pm
Location: Almaty, Kazakhstan

Post by Shoma » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:38 am

Image

Kodama
Posts: 1949
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 3:07 am
Location: PDX

Post by Kodama » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:41 pm

djadonis206 wrote: posting pictures of aborted fetus' is like those animal rights extremist who stand outside of McDonalds with gross pictures of slaughtered cows

Nice way to abuse the word "Extremist" just because someone with a difference of opinion might distract your cheeseburger fix with a little truth.
GO VEGAN!!! - Macbook Air, Bass Station II, Some Korg shit, Live Suite, U-He, Audio Damage, Microtonic, Ohmicide, more soft stuffs, awesome controllers, euro rack modular synth,an awesome cat.

djadonis206
Posts: 6490
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:23 pm
Location: Seattle, WA.

Post by djadonis206 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:54 pm

Kodama wrote:
djadonis206 wrote: posting pictures of aborted fetus' is like those animal rights extremist who stand outside of McDonalds with gross pictures of slaughtered cows

Nice way to abuse the word "Extremist" just because someone with a difference of opinion might distract your cheeseburger fix with a little truth.
Did I spell "extremist" wrong? Or use it the wrong way?
Ableton | Elektron

Music

Kodama
Posts: 1949
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 3:07 am
Location: PDX

Post by Kodama » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:05 pm

djadonis206 wrote:
Kodama wrote:
djadonis206 wrote: posting pictures of aborted fetus' is like those animal rights extremist who stand outside of McDonalds with gross pictures of slaughtered cows

Nice way to abuse the word "Extremist" just because someone with a difference of opinion might distract your cheeseburger fix with a little truth.
Did I spell "extremist" wrong? Or use it the wrong way?
Seriously, a person who exercises their 1st amendment rights to stand on a street corner and hold up a sign is an extremist just because you don't agree with them and there's not a TV playing an episode of SP that makes you feel better about yourself at that moment?
GO VEGAN!!! - Macbook Air, Bass Station II, Some Korg shit, Live Suite, U-He, Audio Damage, Microtonic, Ohmicide, more soft stuffs, awesome controllers, euro rack modular synth,an awesome cat.

Kodama
Posts: 1949
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 3:07 am
Location: PDX

Post by Kodama » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:21 pm

ryansupak wrote:Hi Jeff -- I leave you alone for a few months and you start flamewar threads!

Well I knew someone would start it, and I had a particular thought about the larger picture I wanted to throw in, starvation in this case.
GO VEGAN!!! - Macbook Air, Bass Station II, Some Korg shit, Live Suite, U-He, Audio Damage, Microtonic, Ohmicide, more soft stuffs, awesome controllers, euro rack modular synth,an awesome cat.

djadonis206
Posts: 6490
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:23 pm
Location: Seattle, WA.

Post by djadonis206 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:12 pm

Kodama wrote:
djadonis206 wrote:
Kodama wrote:
Nice way to abuse the word "Extremist" just because someone with a difference of opinion might distract your cheeseburger fix with a little truth.
Did I spell "extremist" wrong? Or use it the wrong way?
Seriously, a person who exercises their 1st amendment rights to stand on a street corner and hold up a sign is an extremist just because you don't agree with them and there's not a TV playing an episode of SP that makes you feel better about yourself at that moment?

What's extreme about a guy standing on the corner with a pictures of slaughtered and a guy who posts pictures of dead babies is the shock value

it has nothing to do with the 1st amendmant or south park -


graphic uncomfortable pictures or words are extreme -

but I can't draw a connection between my use of the word extreme and how you use the word abuse


I disagree with grey's anatomy but wouldn't call the show extreme -

I disagree with ugly betty but wouldn't call the show extreme -

sometimes I even disagree with matt and trey but I wouldn't call the show extreme -
Ableton | Elektron

Music

djadonis206
Posts: 6490
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:23 pm
Location: Seattle, WA.

Post by djadonis206 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:17 pm

djadonis206 wrote:
Kodama wrote:
djadonis206 wrote: Did I spell "extremist" wrong? Or use it the wrong way?
Seriously, a person who exercises their 1st amendment rights to stand on a street corner and hold up a sign is an extremist just because you don't agree with them and there's not a TV playing an episode of SP that makes you feel better about yourself at that moment?

What's extreme about a guy standing on the corner with a pictures of slaughtered and a guy who posts pictures of dead babies is the shock value

it has nothing to do with the 1st amendmant or south park -


graphic uncomfortable pictures or words are extreme -

but I can't draw a connection between my use of the word extreme and how you use the word abuse


I disagree with grey's anatomy but wouldn't call the show extreme -

I disagree with ugly betty but wouldn't call the show extreme -

sometimes I even disagree with matt and trey but I wouldn't call the show extreme -
but just to clarify

ex·treme /ɪkˈstrim/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ik-streem] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation adjective, -trem·er, -trem·est, noun
–adjective 1. of a character or kind farthest removed from the ordinary or average: extreme measures.
2. utmost or exceedingly great in degree: extreme joy.
3. farthest from the center or middle; outermost; endmost: the extreme limits of a town.
4. farthest, utmost, or very far in any direction: an object at the extreme point of vision.
5. exceeding the bounds of moderation: extreme fashions.
6. going to the utmost or very great lengths in action, habit, opinion, etc.: an extreme conservative.
7. last or final: extreme hopes.
8. Chiefly Sports. extremely dangerous or difficult: extreme skiing.
–noun 9. the utmost or highest degree, or a very high degree: cautious to an extreme.
10. one of two things as remote or different from each other as possible: the extremes of joy and grief.
11. the furthest or utmost length; an excessive length, beyond the ordinary or average: extremes in dress.
12. an extreme act, measure, condition, etc.: the extreme of poverty.
13. Mathematics. a. the first or the last term, as of a proportion or series.
b. a relative maximum or relative minimum value of a function in a given region.

14. Logic. the subject or the predicate of the conclusion of a syllogism; either of two terms that are separated in the premises and brought together in the conclusion.
15. Archaic. the utmost point, or extremity, of something.
Ableton | Elektron

Music

Kodama
Posts: 1949
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 3:07 am
Location: PDX

Post by Kodama » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:28 pm

Extremist is a volatile word, these days it means worthy of FBI investigation and possible federal imprisonment.

Those people are just showing you what you ordered and stuck in your face, just because it's in a different less pretty form does not mean that that they are extremist or not protected by the 1st Amendment.

The dead babies signs I have a problem with because (as already stated) they are misleading at best.
GO VEGAN!!! - Macbook Air, Bass Station II, Some Korg shit, Live Suite, U-He, Audio Damage, Microtonic, Ohmicide, more soft stuffs, awesome controllers, euro rack modular synth,an awesome cat.

pilcrow
Posts: 506
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:26 pm

Post by pilcrow » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:34 pm

Tone Deft wrote:I'm pro-abortion, not pro-choice.
wha? explain please.

doughty
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:39 pm
Location: orlando, FL
Contact:

Post by doughty » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:51 pm

hey, read the opening post in this thread, and didn't really feel like rehashing the events and arguments over the issues, but anyway...

just wanted to chime in my support for what seems to be the underlying theme for this, and yea, its sickening how media latches its fangs onto whatever vein can fatten them the most, and then run with it to what would be uncomfortable levels if it was done by anyone by the 'responsible' media.

seriously though, who needs to see a cell phone video of the actual shots being fired, but I guess it sells more hits.

Nothing but my respect to those having to deal with losses of their own in the situation, and to those affected negatively by their surroundings down there, or anywhere.

Tone Deft
Posts: 24154
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:58 pm

pilcrow wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:I'm pro-abortion, not pro-choice.
wha? explain please.
Humans are a blight on the planet, kill them all.

Image

popslut
Posts: 1056
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:58 pm

Post by popslut » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:07 pm

djadonis206 wrote:Stuff...
Jesus you're as thick as shit.

Is there an ignore function on this thing?

Post Reply