Presets...yes or no?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
dexitron

Post by dexitron » Mon May 07, 2007 9:56 am

aNYONE KNOW WHERE TO GET SUM PRESETS FROM (OTHER THAN LIVE WEBSITE?) ?? MUCH APPRECIATO
If you like Hard house, Check me out @ facebook.com/pages/DeXiTroN/156811167604

dj donnyman

Post by dj donnyman » Mon May 07, 2007 10:20 am

dexitron wrote:aNYONE KNOW WHERE TO GET SUM PRESETS FROM (OTHER THAN LIVE WEBSITE?) ?? MUCH APPRECIATO

Here: http://www.makeyourownyoulazygit.com

rbmonosylabik

Post by rbmonosylabik » Mon May 07, 2007 11:34 am

Somewhere during the time when I was using reason, I found myself working much faster by making sounds from scratch than browsing the presets library I had heard countless times and grown tired of, finding a fitting preset, then tweaking it to taste.

Ever since then, I've focused on getting tools I can tweak to taste and get a sound close enough to whatever is in my head, or even when there's nothing in it, I think I know what I use currently well enough to fiddle with it for a while and get something interesting.

At some point I'd like to try hoffman's approach, but right now I don't feel like I can. I just feel the need to make songs and finish them, so I fall back on tools I know or that I can see I will be able to learn while working on the track. Maybe that's the reason why Crystal and some others are collecting dust in my plug ins folder, and why Automat, Impulse, ReBirth and some others are being forced to work overtime.

Nothing wrong at all with Presets, but I feel they just don't fit in my workflow right now.

MBP 2.3 GHz i5, Live 9.6.1, Push, MPD32, Rane SL2