Plogue Bidule Sequenzer

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
tisco_over

Plogue Bidule Sequenzer

Post by tisco_over » Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:51 pm

Hi Folks!

i am really happy there is a programm now where i can use my absynth with live - but isnt there a sequencer in bidule?

i just found the step sequencer?!?!? but i wanted to play with my midi keyboard and record the midi parameters to the sequencer.

Any ideas????

Thanks

Kerrydan

Post by Kerrydan » Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:41 am

Hi there,

Alas, Bidule does not yet have a complex built-in sequencer that can record MIDI.

I know of a few VST plugins still in development that will offer MIDI sequencing abilities such as MIDI recording (and file exporting), but nothing that's publicly available yet.*

In the meantime, if you only wanted to use Bidule as a means to play Absynth into Live, what's the problem with simply recording the audio output from Absynth - either into Live via ReWire, or directly in Bidule? :)

That said, I understand that recording the audio is only a temporary solution. It's always better to have MIDI data around to tweak.

-K

*If you're on a PC, there is one plugin freely available now that you can use to record MIDI files in Bidule. But making MIDI files is not its primary purpose, so use at your own risk: Jaltoh's Thalamus. It's a MIDI filter, but you can set it to filter ALL messages, save the filtered data to a log, and export the log to a MIDI file. I haven't used it much for recording MIDI in Bidule, but all of the experiments I've done have been successful. 8)

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:30 am

Thanks a lot :D

Waiting for the sequencer....

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:54 pm

how much does Bidule Co$t ?

benjamin

recording MIDI

Post by benjamin » Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:23 pm

energy XT is a small bidule-like application that's available either standalone (no rewire) or as a VST effect (that you can load in live if you use the correct non-vsti dll).

it has a very nice sequencer (it's not cubase either) that allows, as of 1.24, to record midi files (or import/export .MIDI files)

the problem is their sequencer is not sync'd to Live start/stop messages but this can be solved by triggering its midi sequences with stepchild (a minimal vst midi sequencer.. google it) or with the bidule sequencer itself (the notes are only used to trigger midi sequences)

i sound this may sound complex and i apologize for the half-broken english, but this is really easier than it sounds. i'm so happy with this setup that i don't ever use my "true" midi sequencer anymore (i do everything inside of Live, sometimes with Bidule)

i guess energyXT costs $29 or $39 (i cant recall)

hth

Benjamin

Kerrydan

Post by Kerrydan » Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:35 am

Anonymous wrote:how much does Bidule Co$t ?
In its current public beta form, Bidule is free. But the developers do intend it to be a commercial application, so it won't be free once they reach v1.0.

Current version: 0.6501.
-K