Live Performance Test 1 and 2

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
The Kooky Scientist

Live Performance Test 1 and 2

Post by The Kooky Scientist » Sat May 04, 2002 6:51 pm

Computer: Apple ti Book
CPU: 550
RAM: 512
Soundcard: E-magic emi 2/6
Ableton Live: 1.5

Test 1: 6%
Test 2: 43%

using Soundmanager:

Test 1: 6%
Test 2: 41 %

OS 10.1.4 results:

Test 1: 5%
Test 2: 42%

chris_borgia

Post by chris_borgia » Sat May 04, 2002 9:54 pm

with the emi 2|6... what kind of latency are you getting? how do you like it... and do you use it with an AC power or just from the usb bus?

::chris::

The Kooky Scientist

Post by The Kooky Scientist » Sun May 05, 2002 12:24 am

>with the emi 2|6... what kind of latency are you getting?

input latency of the emi 2/6 is 54 ms @ the Large setting which is safest for live appearances.
Overall latency becomes 63 ms and isn't that bad at least for midi fading. I use the Doepfer pocket fader and everything seems to work much better with the Ableton 1.5 update.

>how do you like it...

It's OK. It seems to be an affordable solution for now. I quite like the compact design. Would prefer something with 1/4" jacks, midi in/out though. RME Hammerfall seems to be the one to go for now until something even more innovative and affordable comes along. I did purchase the MOTU 828 @ first and had too many problems with the initial release of Live. Firewire seems to have some audio pitfalls unfortunately. Maybe things will improve soon. With computers you never know.

>and do you use it with an AC power or just from the usb bus?

I bought the AC power adaptor from Emagic. Took quite a while for them to send me it but it was reasonably priced. It's always safer to self power when possible.

telepathic regards,
fRED