Behringer MS40 Monitors, any experience?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Pasha

Behringer MS40 Monitors, any experience?

Post by Pasha » Fri May 11, 2007 9:09 am

Hi,

Does anybody uses these?

- Best
- Pasha
Mac Studio M1
Live 12 Suite,Zebra ,Valhalla Plugins, MIDI Guitar (2+3),Guitar, Bass, VG99, GP10, JV1010 and some controllers

Pasha

Post by Pasha » Tue May 15, 2007 5:00 pm

Anyone?
Mac Studio M1
Live 12 Suite,Zebra ,Valhalla Plugins, MIDI Guitar (2+3),Guitar, Bass, VG99, GP10, JV1010 and some controllers

sqook

Post by sqook » Tue May 15, 2007 5:12 pm

At 165€/pair, it's too good to be true. I haven't personally heard these speakers, but I have worked with a lot of other Behringer gear, and it can be summed up in one word: cheap.

That's both pricewise and quality-wise. Do yourself a favor -- burn a CD with some of your music (or music similar to what you'll be working with), take it into a music shop, and demo it on their systems. Spend the extra cash and get something quality.. not something that will start to fall apart at the seams after a few years of use.

Pantytec

Post by Pantytec » Tue May 15, 2007 7:04 pm

low end really. You get a lot of bang for your buck (or pound, or euro), but that's about it. If you're just starting off, a pair of Dynaudio's or something pricey may not even matter anyways till later.

YILA

Post by YILA » Tue May 15, 2007 8:00 pm

Pantytec wrote:low end really. You get a lot of bang for your buck (or pound, or euro), but that's about it. If you're just starting off, a pair of Dynaudio's or something pricey may not even matter anyways till later.
not true...i had dynaudios from the beggining of my studio..you have to learn them like any other..they just help more!
Scan i5 in the studio. Dual core Pc laptop, 13inch macbookpro,RME fireface 800,live 8.1,operator. drum machines Myspace Soundcloud Youtube Twitter

billdiz

Post by billdiz » Wed May 16, 2007 3:07 am

I have a pair at the mo for my first ever studio, i realise there cheap but they still do the trick and the frequency range is better than that of most standard stereos that people will be listening to your CD's on ....so therefor anything it doesnt pick up will not be a large problem.
I'd say go hard ....buy a pair and if for some reason you should win 2k(or get offered a contract) then buy a decent set.
one issue i have only found with them is the low's - bass is too fantastic at all - so then just chuck the CD on your stereo and monitor from that ahahah.
its all expensive these days! - youll get trapped with every piece of equipment for price over quality. really what you need to do is become a hermit and only leave the house for work and the bottle store .....atleast this way you may be able to afford half the equipment. (this is close to what ive been doing ahah.)

Pasha

Post by Pasha » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:18 am

Thanks everybody for the suggestions,
I'm offered a DM-20 Roland that costs about 40 Euros more but look exactly like
M-40.... I guess I'm payiing only the Brand here.
What other brand/models do you suggest?

- Best
- Pasha
Mac Studio M1

bendybones

Post by bendybones » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:52 pm

Pasha wrote: What other brand/models do you suggest?
Can only suggest what I have (ADAM P11A), which is a different price range to the behringer.
Love them tho.
ADAM have smaller cheaper ones like the A7and ANF10
Cheaper on Music Store than DV, but DV will price match.
ADAM site here
Really try to get to hear them first i u can, whatever the brand, personal taste makes a big difference.