Live 7 ?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
TASTY
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:38 am

Post by TASTY » Wed May 23, 2007 11:38 am

hoffman2k wrote:
TASTY wrote:
mercyplease wrote:Fuck live 7!
Live 8 is where its at
My money is on Live 20, (expected release date June 2012)
How do you reckon that? Live 20 is due around january 2021.
You're only off by about a decade :D

By then Live is a virtual music studio you access from your holodeck.
You'll play your music back on your Ipod Embryo.

I bet my guess will be closer to reality than yours Adolf.

hoffman2k
Posts: 14717
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:40 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Post by hoffman2k » Wed May 23, 2007 11:49 am

TASTY wrote:
hoffman2k wrote:
TASTY wrote: My money is on Live 20, (expected release date June 2012)
How do you reckon that? Live 20 is due around january 2021.
You're only off by about a decade :D

By then Live is a virtual music studio you access from your holodeck.
You'll play your music back on your Ipod Embryo.

I bet my guess will be closer to reality than yours Adolf.
You calling me names?

Ehm right.. Sure.. Whatever you say Sir..

- Bjorn

3dot...
Posts: 9996
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:10 pm

Post by 3dot... » Wed May 23, 2007 4:30 pm

2 words SUMMER NAMM. I'm just guessin'.
But yeah can't wait for live 8...

djc
Posts: 404
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:40 pm
Location: Riverdale, GA

Post by djc » Wed May 23, 2007 4:43 pm

I would have to say give live a more pro look, better sound engine and more edit features. Pro tools and cubase have a better look and are powerful so this shouldn't be a problem.
http://www.youtube.com/djcoolssm
http://www.twitter.com/coolssm

Live 8, E-mu 1616m, Emu Px-7, Krk Rp-5's, Ventura guitar, Korg D1200, Emax keyboard, many plugins, intel quad core q6600 processor, WinXP Pro, 500b hd, and 2gb's of ram.

3dot...
Posts: 9996
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:10 pm

Post by 3dot... » Wed May 23, 2007 5:05 pm

djc wrote:I would have to say give live a more pro look, better sound engine and more edit features. Pro tools and cubase have a better look and are powerful so this shouldn't be a problem.
You're Silly...

Poster
Posts: 8804
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:21 am
Location: Amsterdam

Post by Poster » Wed May 23, 2007 5:20 pm

3dot... wrote:
djc wrote:I would have to say give live a more pro look, better sound engine and more edit features. Pro tools and cubase have a better look and are powerful so this shouldn't be a problem.
You're Silly...
+1

djc
Posts: 404
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:40 pm
Location: Riverdale, GA

Post by djc » Wed May 23, 2007 5:29 pm

+2
http://www.youtube.com/djcoolssm
http://www.twitter.com/coolssm

Live 8, E-mu 1616m, Emu Px-7, Krk Rp-5's, Ventura guitar, Korg D1200, Emax keyboard, many plugins, intel quad core q6600 processor, WinXP Pro, 500b hd, and 2gb's of ram.

eyeknow
Posts: 5822
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:16 am

Post by eyeknow » Thu May 24, 2007 12:06 am

Poster wrote:
TASTY wrote:
mercyplease wrote:Fuck live 7!
Live 8 is where its at
My money is on Live 20, (expected release date June 2012)
that leaves us 6 months to enjoy it..
till dec-12-2012 to be precise.. :wink:
fuck, you beat me to that little tid-bit of info........

However, you typed 12th when you meant 21st..........(Like I never make that kind of mistake) :lol:

eyeknow
Posts: 5822
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:16 am

Post by eyeknow » Thu May 24, 2007 12:08 am

It's going to be NEXT summer........I'm tellin' ya............that crisp one dollar bill is gonna get me at least 2 BUCKS off the next update.......!

headquest
Posts: 1191
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:32 am
Location: UK

Post by headquest » Thu May 24, 2007 12:15 am

In that case I'd better get around to upgrading from Live 5 to 6 :idea:
iMac Retina 4K 3.3Ghz i7, 16Gb RAM
Live Suite 9.7.1 + Reason 9.1 + Pianoteq 5 + Sibelius 8.5

Listen on Soundcloud

headquest
Posts: 1191
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:32 am
Location: UK

Post by headquest » Thu May 24, 2007 12:16 am

By the way, I heard that a cool new feature in Live 8 will be an "edit" button for samples that shoots them straight into your .wav editor 8O
iMac Retina 4K 3.3Ghz i7, 16Gb RAM
Live Suite 9.7.1 + Reason 9.1 + Pianoteq 5 + Sibelius 8.5

Listen on Soundcloud

Poster
Posts: 8804
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:21 am
Location: Amsterdam

Post by Poster » Thu May 24, 2007 12:19 am

eyeknow wrote:
Poster wrote:
TASTY wrote: My money is on Live 20, (expected release date June 2012)
that leaves us 6 months to enjoy it..
till dec-12-2012 to be precise.. :wink:
fuck, you beat me to that little tid-bit of info........

However, you typed 12th when you meant 21st..........(Like I never make that kind of mistake) :lol:
damn.. too much 0's, 1's and 2's in there..

I stand corrected.. 8)

Poster
Posts: 8804
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:21 am
Location: Amsterdam

Post by Poster » Thu May 24, 2007 12:23 am

eyeknow wrote:It's going to be NEXT summer........I'm tellin' ya............that crisp one dollar bill is gonna get me at least 2 BUCKS off the next update.......!
I'll raise that with a even crispier one euro bill saying it will not be next summer.. :wink:

eyeknow
Posts: 5822
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:16 am

Post by eyeknow » Thu May 24, 2007 12:26 am

:lol:

eyeknow
Posts: 5822
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:16 am

Post by eyeknow » Thu May 24, 2007 12:28 am

Poster wrote:
eyeknow wrote:
Poster wrote: that leaves us 6 months to enjoy it..
till dec-12-2012 to be precise.. :wink:
fuck, you beat me to that little tid-bit of info........

However, you typed 12th when you meant 21st..........(Like I never make that kind of mistake) :lol:
damn.. too much 0's, 1's and 2's in there..

I stand corrected.. 8)
btw, it's just coincidence that I keep "correcting" you........I'm truly sorry about that, not trying to be some pompous bung.......

Post Reply