please help

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
djcyph

please help

Post by djcyph » Fri May 25, 2007 12:38 am

ok so i made one project my original mix and then i saved it as a different name to tweak it for a remix. so i was tweaking my bassline in simpler and even though i saved it as a completely different project it changed the setting in all of the other projects that use that bassline!!! now my question is, is there any where in live where i can see a history of the tweaks i made? theres an option like this is adobe photoshop so u know what i am talking about. just because i can't remember what setting i changed to get it back to the original bassline.

thanks for any help

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri May 25, 2007 12:47 am

there is no such feature.

the only thing that comes to mind is an obscure debug technique, hold down ALT (or ctrl or shift) while Live boots and it plays back a history file, which I believe is binary encoded and not made for people to view, it's just a playback script so the Ableton programmers can see how users elicit bugs. Looking over the Ableton directory I can't tell which file it is.

we all lose gems to the gods, creative kharma, move on. ;)
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

djcyph

Post by djcyph » Fri May 25, 2007 12:54 am

yeah thats what i figured that it was gone and no option.....let me ask this though.....how can i prevent this? how can i tweak the bassline without it changing in another project?

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri May 25, 2007 12:55 am

"collect all and save" check the manual. also look up "live clips" a very cool feature.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

djcyph

Post by djcyph » Fri May 25, 2007 12:58 am

awesome thanks dude