Why I get "Send" & other times "Delay&quo

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
claudek

Why I get "Send" & other times "Delay" in clip properties?

Post by claudek » Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:14 pm

I was wondering why this is happening??
I have my sends up on all my mixer tracks (see picture left side) and I see "DELAY" as a drop down choice. However, sometimes if I add a new track, I put the send up but the choice is now "Send"..? Why??
Also why are some of the mixer knobs so purple in the outside of the dial lining, and otehrs do not,when all the tracks have delay being used??
Is this a bug?
Image[/img]

Alex

Post by Alex » Fri Jan 30, 2004 1:59 pm

Hi claudek,
However, sometimes if I add a new track, I put the send up but the choice is now "Send"..? Why??
I would say it's "just" a bug. Seems happen when you have only 1 send track but I still have to look closer.
Also why are some of the mixer knobs so purple in the outside of the dial lining, and otehrs do not,when all the tracks have delay being used??
Nomally this should show the current value of the send slider including the envelope of the corresponding clip.
Let's assume you have set the send slider to 100% in a track. Then when you make a send envelope in a clip in this track (let's say a fade from 0 to 100%) and play that clip you should see in the send slider what the current value is.

regards,
Alex

claudek

Post by claudek » Fri Jan 30, 2004 6:56 pm

Thanks Alex,
I think this area needs a little fine tuning..A few bugs like when I drag a clip from one track to a different track the delay values are lost..
And this one as well..
Functions though..

Alex

Post by Alex » Fri Jan 30, 2004 7:20 pm

Hi claudek,
A few bugs like when I drag a clip from one track to a different track the delay values are lost
This is not really a bug. Sor far it was a decision to delete effect envelopes when copying clips from one track to another. Because there are some unsolved questions in the behaviour.

Let's assume you have track containing a delay and clip containing a delay envelope.
In track 2 you have two delays and between some other effects.
When you copy the clip from track1 to track 2, to which delay should the envelope be assigned? Always to the first, to the last, to both...

So what I wanto to say, of course it could be better (like everything :)), but we mostly try to make a feature right or not at all.

regards,
Alex