nudge function & looping within warp sections

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
mag

nudge function & looping within warp sections

Post by mag » Fri Jan 30, 2004 7:39 pm

Hi all,

New round these parts. Loving Ableton 3 :)

2 quick questions, ive looked in the manual but cant find the answer, forgive me if ive missed it -

- is there a nudge function, like in traktor or pcdj, where you can nudge a track forward or backwards if its drifting out of time ?
- when you set the warp markers on a track is ther a function for looping within a certain section. lets say im seting warp markers every 8 bars on a track & double clicking on them so that is a "section". when the track is playing back can i loop within this section & loop out of it at will ?

thanks.
Mag

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 31, 2004 3:08 am

There's no nudge in Live, but it's such a different way of working to the DAWs that have nudge that you start to get into using the warping in a similar, but dissimilar way. Just play with it - you'll see. You don't nudge regions - you nudge any part of the audio you want - at audio level. Not at region level. It's musical sculpting. If you're recording live into Live, you wanna play with some sort of click/groove/loop, ideally - to lock you more or less to the timeline. Then this all becomes easier.

You can loop and repeat sections to your heart's content on the arrange view. Just used the split and duplicate commands in the edit menu. I would suggest learning the key commands for these.

Tim York

mag

Post by mag » Sat Jan 31, 2004 3:48 am

Cool, Thx :)
Mag