(OT) Paris Hilton Released from Jail!!!!!!!!!!!! (????)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
smutek

(OT) Paris Hilton Released from Jail!!!!!!!!!!!! (????)

Post by smutek » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:58 pm

Can it be true or is it just tabloid gossip?

http://www.tmz.com/category/paris-hilton/

kabuki

Post by kabuki » Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:31 pm

"Undisclosed medical reasons"... She probably broke all her teeth on th ebars when they painted them to look like penises (to make her feel at home).
15" PB 2.5 Ghz, 4 Gig RAM, 750 GB HD, Live 9 still no cue points or program change messages?!?. Doesn't do shit.

davidhughes

Post by davidhughes » Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:56 pm

this is absolutely disgraceful!!
She is now convinced shes above the law and gets away with anything

What a great example for her young fans.. she should be BANNED from the media altogether!!

Shes vile

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:02 pm

Ummm, she should have never went to jail in the first place on a suspended license violation (even it it was for a dui - which is a misdemeanor)

1,000's of people get busted on suspended license violations for all kinds of shit and 40% of the time they do NO TIME - so for her to even spend a night in jail was excessive

she should have been on home detention in the first place

and I don't know if you know anyone who's had to be on "house arrest" it's not all that - sure you can stay home and mix records all day but you can't leave to go buy a new one

You just don't like her

the sentencing judge didn't like her either
Ableton | Elektron

Music

davidhughes

Post by davidhughes » Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:14 pm

damn right I dont like her hahah

House arrest for her is going to be pretty sweet, since she lives in frickin luxury with servants waiting on her when she rings her bell!

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:18 pm

djadonis206 wrote:1,000's of people get busted on suspended license violations for all kinds of shit and 40% of the time they do NO TIME - so for her to even spend a night in jail was excessive
They should do time, and sorry, but a DUI is a big crime now, and should be. I know at least three people who have been killed or paralyzed by drunk drivers, so my sympathy level for a famous person, who could easily afford a driver, who decides to "rebel" by getting behind the wheel, and is too lame at bucking the system to not get caught, again, is nil.

kabuki

Post by kabuki » Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:20 pm

Machinesworking wrote:
djadonis206 wrote:1,000's of people get busted on suspended license violations for all kinds of shit and 40% of the time they do NO TIME - so for her to even spend a night in jail was excessive
They should do time, and sorry, but a DUI is a big crime now, and should be. I know at least three people who have been killed or paralyzed by drunk drivers, so my sympathy level for a famous person, who could easily afford a driver, who decides to "rebel" by getting behind the wheel, and is too lame at bucking the system to not get caught, again, is nil.
I totally agree.
15" PB 2.5 Ghz, 4 Gig RAM, 750 GB HD, Live 9 still no cue points or program change messages?!?. Doesn't do shit.

elektrovert

Post by elektrovert » Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:21 pm

+1
Dell Vostro 1500 Core 2 duo 3.02Ghz 2GB RAM 150GB 7200rpm HD, on Firewire Audiophile
Apple G5 4GB RAM, 500GB HD, RME Hammerfall 9652

jamester

Post by jamester » Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:24 pm

kabuki wrote:"Undisclosed medical reasons"... She probably broke all her teeth on th ebars when they painted them to look like penises (to make her feel at home).
Sarah Silverman is great, isn't she? Paris was *PISSED* when she said that! :lol:

DJAdonis is right though, she could've/should've been on house arrest to begin with. They came down on her extra hard because of her celebrity, but now they've tempered it with special treatment because of her celebrity. So it all balances out?
Purrrfect Audio PC by Jim Roseberry
Edirol UA-1000, Korg PadKontrol, Dynaudio BM 5A's
REAPER, Live, Sound Forge

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:33 pm

jamester wrote:
kabuki wrote:"Undisclosed medical reasons"... She probably broke all her teeth on th ebars when they painted them to look like penises (to make her feel at home).
Sarah Silverman is great, isn't she? Paris was *PISSED* when she said that! :lol:

DJAdonis is right though, she could've/should've been on house arrest to begin with. They came down on her extra hard because of her celebrity, but now they've tempered it with special treatment because of her celebrity. So it all balances out?
She should serve the rest of the full term plus a fair some more on house arrest. The issue wasn't just the offense, they cut her slack with probation, and then she pulled a probation violation on top of that. This is someone who can afford a freaking driver, for crying out loud.
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.

Chris Paget

Post by Chris Paget » Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:50 pm

yes, agreed.

Is it me, or have there been way too many clips of Paris and her entourage launching into stuff with cars?! there seems to often be one or two caught on camera moments floating around..sober and defensive driving is really rare though

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:59 pm

Machinesworking wrote:
That's fair - there's always 2 sides to everything

but kind of like that movie pulp fiction

my girls a vegetarian so that makes me a vegetarian

my better half is a public defender and I have to listen to this kind of stuff all night

but for the record in Seattle (I had to ask)

If you're caught driving on a suspended license for a dui it's a second degree suspended license charge - mandatory 30 days in jail (in california it's obviously more...the judge gave her the max) BUT 9 times out of 10 depending on your record and the judges mood (seriously) people tend to night do anytime and home monitoring or house arrest is given

had Paris not been so stupid at her trial she probably would have got off with a warning or home monitoring but because of her "holier than thou" attitude in court the judge gave it to her (hehe, gave it to her...get it)

but hey, when I watch Law and Order I'm always rooting for Jack McCoy (the prosecutor) so I can hear where you're coming from...
Ableton | Elektron

Music

decoder

Post by decoder » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:04 pm

You poor people are sooo CUTE when you're angry!!!!

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:05 pm

Her sentencing may have been excessive compared to the common person but to an extent I think the courts do (and should) take into consideration a person's behavior outside the case. For example, 2 people with the same DUI charge, with one of them seen constantly partying since and the other person with documented proof of a treatment program and showing some remorse. Should they both get the same punishment?

But the fact that she got out this early does more damage to the system than if she just didn't get thrown in at all. Not to mention any amount of time in jail isn't going to impact her future in any way whatsoever, unlike the rest of us. The least she could do is take a month to chill out, sitting in a cage, and think about what she is going to do with all the money she is going to get from the major career booster this is for her. I didn't care much about this case before but this kind of pisses me off now.

aqua_tek

Post by aqua_tek » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:50 pm

paris who?