Midiman Oxygen 8 crashing Aleton Live

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
george muranyi

Midiman Oxygen 8 crashing Aleton Live

Post by george muranyi » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:19 pm

:cry: :
Just wondering if anybody else has had a problem with the M-Audio drivers(for the Midiman Oxygen 8) crashing Live . When the drivers are installed Live crashes in no time at all . I am running Live on Windows XP and I get Microsoft visual C ++ Runtime error mesages when the program crashes. By the way , when the drivers are un-installed the program works fine.
Can anybody help ?
Thanks
George

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:23 am

...I had this problem with my worn out Oxygen8... almost drove me crazy... I tracked it down eventually to a malfunctioning pitch wheel...it was bombarding the USB with a strange Sysex message...probably overloading it...
Opened the box and disconnected it from the PCB...and all was well (no Pitch wheel though...)

longjohns

Post by longjohns » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:47 am

Certainly have had problems with my Oxy8

In the past, the USB drivers seemed to interfere with the computer's power management. (couldn't shut the computer off except for with the PS switch on the back.

Then a long period of it basically working OK

Currently, cannot get it to connect via USB, so basically can't use it because my sound card only has one MIDI input

the_viirus

Post by the_viirus » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:42 am

3dot... wrote:...I had this problem with my worn out Oxygen8... almost drove me crazy... I tracked it down eventually to a malfunctioning pitch wheel...it was bombarding the USB with a strange Sysex message...probably overloading it...
Opened the box and disconnected it from the PCB...and all was well (no Pitch wheel though...)
you are not the only one who has done this.
mine would sputter off data a couple times every second so i couldnt assign any other controller.

george muranyi

MIDIMAN Oxgen 8 crashing Live

Post by george muranyi » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:33 am

Thanks for the info guys . I think the MIDIMAN is sending out some unwanted Midi messages that's overloading and crashing Live - probably because it's old and broken in some way . Also I have heard that M - Audio drivers suck ,so that could also be the problem .
By the way ,can anybody recomend a stable USB keyboard for live performance ?