Sampler - pitch each key individually?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
buckman

Sampler - pitch each key individually?

Post by buckman » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:55 pm

I am looking at buying SAMPLER for my Live 6.05 as it looks really easy and the simple intergration into Live looks fine.

I wanted sampler as you can place different samples on different keys ie:

C3 - Sample1, D3 - Sample2, E3 - sample3, etc...

I am really into french house and electro artists like SebastiAn, DJ Mehdi, Mr Oizo etc who seem to cut up loads of records on each key and trigger them into new loops.. like this :

http://www.myspace.com/0sebastian0

Anyone know how this is achieved? is it like how i mentioned with loads of different samples?

Can sampler pitch each individual note on its own? as i cant really find a individual pitch but when i did it change the whole keyset that i was working on? - ie: I want to pitch C3 down on its own against the normal pitch of my D3 sample but the whole lot followed C3 and pitched down?!

Would sampler be a good buy for this type of music? Do artists like SebastiAn etc use Ableton?

I can do the pitching thing fine on my old Akai s3000 but its getting on a bit and the intergration sampler has within Live would be much easier!

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:46 pm

If I understand what you're saying, what you want is to play with the root note.

Pitching in a sampler is relative. Say you sample a D, and assign it to C. Playing the C key now gives you a D. If you play a D, it'll pitch it up two semitones, giving you an E... which I'm sure you like, as a house fan. Badumtish.
Suit #1: I mean, have you got any insight as to why a bright boy like this would jeopardize the lives of millions?
Suit #2: No, sir, he says he does this sort of thing for fun.

Amberience

Post by Amberience » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:50 pm

What he said above.