Ed Banger / SebastiAn

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
telekom

Post by telekom » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:05 pm

peeddrroo wrote: i have another project called "Donso", that is a mix between african music and electro. our first EP is about to be released on Infiné, another french label.
you can check it out here: www.myspace.com/donso
i talked about this project in a thread about "world music" a while ago. i might as well bump it.
I'm glad you did bump it peedrro - I was listening to your donso tracks the other day and I'm just on my way to check out your page. Really great stuff. Will the record be out in UK too?

:)
MacBook Pro Retina, Live 9.5, Reason, UC33, KRK RP5s, Teenage Engineering OP1, Korg ESX2, Korg Prophecy, Clavia Nord Lead, Bass, Guitars.
http://soundcloud.com/motorradkinophone

FORMAT

Post by FORMAT » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:40 pm

I love what I'm hearing from Sebastian and Krazy Baldhead.

seanw250

Post by seanw250 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:18 am

Nice tunes mike, killer sound. Keep 'em comin. Whats the little vocal snippet?

funkdefino

Post by funkdefino » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:53 am

peeddrroo wrote:here's a nice remix of Justice for Justin Timberlake. (right click/save as)
Nice!!!
What is that? A .38?

38, 39, whatever it takes.

LyleUppingham

Look guys

Post by LyleUppingham » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:52 pm

This is kinda like cheating in a way. Im really all for the manually cutting and chopping, and making it something of your own. But if you need something quick and easy (and really fun to use actually), then windows users should google search the GLITCH VST for use in ableton. Ive found if you program it correctly, if will give you the Ed Banger sound, and you can use it as a send, or throw it in a rack or something. Just go in and make a shit load of presets, then scroll through the presets as you loop.

Like I said, its kinda cheating in a way, and leading people into being a bit more detached from the music, but it will allow you to multi-task a bit better

MAC USERS, dont get offended, I didnt create this thing, just stumbled on it one day (litterally, with Stumble Upon in Firefox). I wanted to give it to a mac using friend, but it says on the site that a version for mac hasnt been created yet. Im sure if someone bugs them enough, they'll do it

CHEERS, I hope this has helped someone, its helped me

jedeye

Post by jedeye » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:32 pm

i use dblue glitch very sparingly on tracks these days but when i do i make a rack containing 10 of them with different settings, then go crazy here and there. :D - I've been using the ed banger style cutting/microsampling for a couple of years now and the best relults i've found are done manually, yeah it takes fkin ages but you really do get your own sound.
Live 6, Sony Vaio Core Duo t2050, 1 gig Ram, Faderfox Lv2, E-MU 0404 external SC, Oxygen 8 keyboard, Kore, Komplete 4 .Korg Legacy.

lesterdiamond

Post by lesterdiamond » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:40 pm

that was a serious question believe it or not
Last edited by lesterdiamond on Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

john gordon

Post by john gordon » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:25 pm

lesterdiamond wrote:how are these guys live?

good man.very good. :lol:

smartass303

Post by smartass303 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:02 am

lesterdiamond wrote:how are these guys live?
Ah, good argument... When i saw Justice in Hamburg a few weeks ago they played a ready arranged set with absolutely NOTHING Live.

It was not bad at all, it was just great!

Same thing with the Daft Punk bashing, no need for that, if the shit is the s-h-i-t, then the shit is the S-H-I-T!!!!

pulsoc

Post by pulsoc » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:44 pm

scientist wrote:www.myspace.com/siriusmo is probably my favorite right now for the uptempo chop/cutup approach. and for slower tempos machine drum can't be beat. i've loved this stuff since i first heard mantronix edit samples in like 1988...there's plenty of the choppy choppy microsample style in the mixes in my sig:
Having fun listening to your mixes

scientist

Post by scientist » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:05 am

pulsoc wrote:Having fun listening to your mixes
thanks, man. i should be posting a new one every few months or so...

audiovoid

Post by audiovoid » Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:38 am

90's child wrote:Alot of the French Producers mix their tracks with the stereo master channel compressor on.

This way they can get a "pumping" vibe that would be unachieveable by using a master engineer right at the last stage.
I'm not from France but I do that too. he he
Actually I end up disabling the master channels compressor before doing my final mixdown if It's going to be sent to a mastering engineer. But I like keeping a limiter/compressor on my master while I produce so I canstantly have a good idea of what the track will end up sounding like once it's Mastered and maximized.
audiovoid.net
Macbook pro,
MacPro 8 core
running OSX, &
WinXP through Bootcamp and Fusion

krachtwerk

Post by krachtwerk » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:20 am

listen to beam them up
or
jimmy harpboy
here http://myspace.com/pollyaspers

DjViral

Post by DjViral » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:59 pm

Ed banger along with alot of French producer rocks shit haard. anyone heard:
Uffie - Pop The Glock (SebastiAn Remix) Absolutely annihilates anything. Hey Krazy Balhead , love your music. and I'm really liking the Donso stuff. I've always looked for something electronica but with afro-beats, kinda the stuff i do too. France is heavily populated by Africans/Moroccans/Tunisia, so i guess its no wonder stuff like this would come out of france. anyway the tracks are Awesome!!! anymore coming soon?

What I'd really like to know about this style of music is the bass? what kind of bass is being used here. its so fat and raw and 303 ish . Is it a 303? cus it doesn't have that ring at the top, its just so low but moves with everything.

lunarhostility

Post by lunarhostility » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:08 pm

Just want to add to the chorus of praise here - Ed Banger (and SebastiAn and Justice in particular) are really bringing it at the moment - their tracks definitely tear it up live.