REASON 4 - Propellerheads finally announce!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
headquest

REASON 4 - Propellerheads finally announce!!

Post by headquest » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:27 am

Full info here:

http://www.propellerheads.se/

Looks... AWESOME!!
iMac Retina 4K 3.3Ghz i7, 16Gb RAM
Live Suite 9.7.1 + Reason 9.1 + Pianoteq 5 + Sibelius 8.5

Listen on Soundcloud

djgroovy

Post by djgroovy » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:31 am

:?:

Nothing in there...

gnapier

Post by gnapier » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:35 am

Patch

Post by Patch » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:36 am

Just because someone reads a thread you started, doesn't mean they like you... :x

headquest

Post by headquest » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:37 am

Patch wrote:Just because someone reads a thread you started, doesn't mean they like you... :x
Huh :?:

I just thought other users might be interested.
iMac Retina 4K 3.3Ghz i7, 16Gb RAM
Live Suite 9.7.1 + Reason 9.1 + Pianoteq 5 + Sibelius 8.5

Listen on Soundcloud

sqook

Post by sqook » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:40 am

If you're already a Reason user, trying out Reason 4 will most likely stun you like you haven't been stunned since your first Reason encounter. If you've never used Reason, there has never been a better time to start.

...more like:
If you're already a Reason user, trying out Reason 4 will most likely stun you like you haven't been stunned since your first Reason encounter, unless you were expecting better MIDI support, VST hosting, ability to run as a VST plugin, or any of the 10 million most commonly requested features. If you've never used Reason, then this announcement probably doesn't matter to you.

:P

gnapier

Post by gnapier » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:44 am

All the BS aside....there is a way to sign up to be a beta tester on the page.

Good luck.

GN

Surreal

Post by Surreal » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:15 pm

sqook wrote: ...more like:
If you're already a Reason user, trying out Reason 4 will most likely stun you like you haven't been stunned since your first Reason encounter, unless you were expecting better MIDI support, VST hosting, ability to run as a VST plugin, or any of the 10 million most commonly requested features. If you've never used Reason, then this announcement probably doesn't matter to you.
:P
are we seriously bashing this before it is even available as beta? seriously?

i guess i am just tired of people complaining that reason isn't what it never said it was, but this is a bit much. reason runs on almost any computer you could consider remotely current....this is mostly becuase they have avoided an open structure.

there's other stuff too..but i don't want to distract from the

YAY REASON 4!!!!! (i signed up for beta testing...i hope i am early in the queue

Patch

Post by Patch » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:28 pm

Sorry headquest - when I clicked on the link and went to the homepage I thought you were on a wind up!

My bad.

Poster

Post by Poster » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:29 pm

Surreal wrote:are we seriously bashing this before it is even available as beta? seriously?

i guess i am just tired of people complaining that reason isn't what it never said it was, but this is a bit much. reason runs on almost any computer you could consider remotely current....this is mostly becuase they have avoided an open structure.

YAY REASON 4!!!!! (i signed up for beta testing...i hope i am early in the queue
+1

chinney4321

Post by chinney4321 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:43 pm

looks cool to me !!! rewied in live will be very good indeed !! the sequencer looks miles better 8) and thor looks the bollocks of a synth

sqook

Post by sqook » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:52 pm

Surreal wrote:are we seriously bashing this before it is even available as beta? seriously?
Sorry, yes, because it's just what I expected from the props. I have nothing against reason, it's just that production has changed a lot since the golden reason 2.5 days, and they've done nothing to keep up. They're basically making this exclusively for reason users, imo..
i guess i am just tired of people complaining that reason isn't what it never said it was, but this is a bit much.
You obviously missed my point. Reason is exactly that -- reason. They refuse to make it into anything else, and this is both the greatest strength and weakness of the program.

Consider this... LOADS of people want reason to host VST plugins and other outboard MIDI gear. The props say they won't do it because they don't want to compete with cubase, logic, etc. (and they're right.. it would be horrible if they implemented this). So, what about in the other direction... what if they made it available as a VST plugin, since most people prefer to sequence through another app anyways. Yep, no go here, too... instead, they insist on using rewire, which is outdated in and of itself and causes loads of inter-application problems.
reason runs on almost any computer you could consider remotely current....this is mostly becuase they have avoided an open structure.
By "avoided open structure", you must mean, "forced people to use their protocols instead of designing their software around other industry standards". :P

Yeah, you're right, actually... and for the record, I was just being snarky. Don't mind me. :) I do actually respect reason a lot, mainly for the instruments that it contains, and also since it was my first software platform. However, I just get frustrated by the props sometimes, because they're continuing down a development path that I don't think makes much sense.

trumtrum

Post by trumtrum » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:08 pm

This logo seems familiar... 8O

rbmonosylabik

Post by rbmonosylabik » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:15 pm

trumtrum wrote:This logo seems familiar... 8O
ReGroovleton

MBP 2.3 GHz i5, Live 9.6.1, Push, MPD32, Rane SL2

Sales Dude McBoob

Post by Sales Dude McBoob » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:22 pm

rbmonosylabik wrote:
trumtrum wrote:This logo seems familiar... 8O