OT: Underworld injured by anarchists at Ejekt festival

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
andydes
Posts: 2917
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: Bremen

OT: Underworld injured by anarchists at Ejekt festival

Post by andydes » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:15 pm

Underworlds’ Rick Smith, Karl Hyde, Darren Price and crew were caught up in trouble reportedly caused by “anarchists” at the Ejekt Festival in Athens on Saturday night (16/06/07). Underworld were scheduled to close the festival that also included Madness and The Beastie Boys. It is reported that a group of around 30 masked individuals, armed with CS-gas, iron bars and baseball bats stormed the stadium at around 11.20pm as The Beastie Boys were performing. As cars were burned and property damaged, the stadium was evacuated. Underworlds’ Rick Smith was one of the injured. He was hospitalised for a time in Athens, but has now returned to the UK for further treatment. Several other people including security guards were seriously hurt.
Well that's not exactly the festival spirit. Injuring Underworld? Unforgivable.

Will anyone join me in petitioning the UK government for a naval blockade in the agean until the perpetrators are brought to justice. If they’re not handed over, or Underworld are unable to perform at the Renaissance gig in a week (of which I have tickets) we’ll commence bombardment of Athens and maybe take a couple of islands for good measure. I call Ios, soon to renamed cowgirl island. Let’s put our armed forces to good use for a change. Grr!

No offence to our greek members, of course.

hoffman2k
Posts: 14718
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:40 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Post by hoffman2k » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:33 pm

Spread the peace..

Make love not war..

Imagine all th...
What? They did what to who?

Nuke the bastards! :lol:

downfader
Posts: 852
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:21 pm
Location: Southampton, UK
Contact:

Post by downfader » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:39 pm

Better still would be for all UK artists to boycott the area for performances. The local economy would soon get the message. Money speaks far louder than violence ever did, something I keep telling my footy fan friends (over the recent problems in Europe where UK fans get attacked - if they didnt go to the game the local revenue would reduce this putting preasure on local authorities to clean up) :wink:

smartass303
Posts: 880
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:14 pm

Post by smartass303 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:58 pm

As a brit i would go for Lesbos!
Seriously guys... ANARCHISTS?
I would guess the promoter didnt pay the local *structures* proprerly

Machinesworking
Posts: 11141
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: Seattle

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:28 pm

smartass303 wrote:As a brit i would go for Lesbos!
Seriously guys... ANARCHISTS?
I would guess the promoter didnt pay the local *structures* proprerly

Agreed, doesn't sound like random "demonstrators".

BoimB son of BoB
Posts: 233
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:14 am
Location: Brussels

Post by BoimB son of BoB » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:48 pm

don't forget not only Underworld got hit.

also security guys and regular folks attending the festivities.

so boycotting the regio is punishing A LOT of innocent people!

a targetted action against this anarchist group would be more apropriate...

like a headhunt... and roasting them one by one on the fire staple.

and play soccer with remaining skulls perhaps.

i would pay good money for that

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Post by beats me » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:50 pm

As a representative of The United States I must first ask how many barrels of oil does Underworld have under their control before we can sign off on this.

aisling
Posts: 2640
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:58 am
Location: 50 miles north of SF

Post by aisling » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:14 pm

hoffman2k wrote:Spread the peace..

Make love not war..

Imagine all th...
What? They did what to who?

Nuke the bastards! :lol:
remember 300 spartans held 1,000,000.00 persians at bay.
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing


Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

smartass303
Posts: 880
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:14 pm

Post by smartass303 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:18 pm

BoimB son of BoB wrote:a targetted action against this anarchist group would be more apropriate...

like a headhunt... and roasting them one by one on the fire staple.

and play soccer with remaining skulls perhaps.

i would pay good money for that
Dude,
that would be Überlame... I believe there was sure no politix involved so there are no *anarchists* to hunt.

This is Mafiosi shit,

303

hoffman2k
Posts: 14718
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:40 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Post by hoffman2k » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:22 pm

aisling wrote:
hoffman2k wrote:Spread the peace..

Make love not war..

Imagine all th...
What? They did what to who?

Nuke the bastards! :lol:
remember 300 spartans held 1,000,000.00 persians at bay.
Yeah, but the only place in Greece you'll find 300 men with a spartan body...
Is the island of Mykonos...

downfader
Posts: 852
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:21 pm
Location: Southampton, UK
Contact:

Post by downfader » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:26 pm

smartass303 wrote:
BoimB son of BoB wrote:a targetted action against this anarchist group would be more apropriate...

like a headhunt... and roasting them one by one on the fire staple.

and play soccer with remaining skulls perhaps.

i would pay good money for that
Dude,
that would be Überlame... I believe there was sure no politix involved so there are no *anarchists* to hunt.

This is Mafiosi shit,

303
Given how "anarchists" have behaved in the past towards the G8 I would imagie they are run like some mafia cell anyway. They certainly are never anarchic enough to be anarchists. :roll:

In a weird I think a boycott (like the cricket/sports boycotts of the 80s) would work as those that were trustworthy would try and change things for the better. And certainly those that liked their cut.

Good people are probably already hurt by this. :?

Machinesworking
Posts: 11141
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: Seattle

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:54 pm

downfader wrote:Given how "anarchists" have behaved in the past towards the G8 I would imagie they are run like some mafia cell anyway. They certainly are never anarchic enough to be anarchists. :roll:

In a weird I think a boycott (like the cricket/sports boycotts of the 80s) would work as those that were trustworthy would try and change things for the better. And certainly those that liked their cut.

Good people are probably already hurt by this. :?
The G8 is not a music festival. The "anarchists" have made no statements. All this points more towards mafia action than any random gang of kids.
There is almost zero information out there on who these guys were, and what their reasons are for doing this is not known. When more is known, you can argue that it was anarchists if in fact it was, but right now, it looks more like paid thugs than anarchists.
The news throws that label on any black clad rioters they see these days.

noisetonepause
Posts: 4935
Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2002 3:38 pm
Location: Second row from the expensive puddle, under ten others

Post by noisetonepause » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:18 pm

aisling wrote:remember 300 spartans held 1,000,000.00 persians at bay.
You do know that films isn't based on real events, right?
Machinesworking wrote:
smartass303 wrote:As a brit i would go for Lesbos!
Seriously guys... ANARCHISTS?
I would guess the promoter didnt pay the local *structures* proprerly

Agreed, doesn't sound like random "demonstrators".
I wholeheartedly agree.

I wonder if these anarchists have links to al-Qaeda.
Suit #1: I mean, have you got any insight as to why a bright boy like this would jeopardize the lives of millions?
Suit #2: No, sir, he says he does this sort of thing for fun.

telekom
Posts: 1128
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:22 pm
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Contact:

Post by telekom » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:30 pm

I don't think we need to attack Greece... we've punished them enough already. Every summer tens of thousands of British people go to Greece and wreck the place while shouting "Lager Lager Lager!" Underworld have the last laugh. :)
MacBook Pro Retina, Live 9.5, Reason, UC33, KRK RP5s, Teenage Engineering OP1, Korg ESX2, Korg Prophecy, Clavia Nord Lead, Bass, Guitars.
http://soundcloud.com/motorradkinophone

Khazul
Posts: 3185
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:19 pm
Location: Reading, UK

Post by Khazul » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:32 pm

beats me wrote:As a representative of The United States I must first ask how many barrels of oil does Underworld have under their control before we can sign off on this.
Though you guys just nuked first and questions later? :wink:
Nothing to see here - move along!

Post Reply